Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resource assigned two different Skills

HI.  If i have a resource assigned to two different Skills that are both set to Longest Available, which skill would take precedence?  Is this where I should use the Competence level to give one Skill a priority over the other? 

Scenario is Resource A and B are in both Skill 1 and 2.  Skill 1 & 2 are both set to Longest Available.  A&B are the only members of both Skills.  No resource groups. 

Does the system somehow keep track of which Resource is Longest available to the Skill? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you are talking in regards to UCCX (as oppose to UCCE), if so skills do not have routing algorithms, CSQ do, skills get assigned to CSQs, are you CSQ to one to relationship with skills? If so, and if agents belongs to both skills and 2 calls are queued when the agent becomes available the longest available call will be delivered. If you want to prioritize one CSQ call over another you need to use Priority step in the script.

HTH,

Chris

UCCX yes.  CSQ 1 has Longest Available set, with Skill 1 assigned. CSQ2 is Longest Available, with Skill 2 assigned.  Sounds like calls should get routed correctly to both Resources from either queue/skill.  I don't need to prioritize one CSQ over another at this time. 

Correct.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris