cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringback tone when connecting a caller to an agent

schwabcm
Level 1
Level 1

We have a call center that is telling us that the caller no longer hears a ringtone when their call is being handed to a caller.  I've attached a view of this part of the script.  Some of our other scripts where callers hear a ringback actually have another ACD step called Connect (Trigger contact...) in front of the Connect step.  Most of ours though do not give a ringback.

This specific script was built by Cisco AS when we migrated, so we're trying to figure out why it has stopped working.  We updated all of our 8851 series devices to a new firmware this weekend, but we don't think that would have anything to do with it.  We are now on sip88xx.12-0-1SR1-1.

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Ringback during Agent phone ringing is actually a Music On Hold Audio trick, where you upload and play a ringing sound via MOH to the caller. Your UCCX Call Control Groups will have a Network Hold Audio Source on them, which is used when ringing Agents phones. Check your different CCGs and see which ones are using which sources.

What is interesting though is there was no MOH file imported there before, the customer is saying everything was fine last week before we uploaded the new firmware on the phones.

So I can't see it's anything to do with the CCG's.

Did you check the CCGs for both the working and non-working call examples? The alternative problem, if the MOH sources are the same, are the MRGL/MOH Servers being using for the ingress gateways, which could be different and the MOH could be messed up on that one that's not working. Can you compare the two, to see if the MOH servers end up being the same or different?

thank you for the information.  We do actually have two CCG's in place, and I see it has ringback set to it.  However it's not set for the call center that reported the issue.  I think they are mistaken in what they think they heard, because we haven't changed anything for their call center.

However if they absolutely have to have it, I guess we could give them this CCG with the ringback and call it good.  The CCG that has the ringback was set up for only one call center.  Are there any ramifications for also assigning it to the other one that is complaining, is there anything in the background that we may need to know about, perhaps it's linked in someway?

You should be concerned about port usage. Say for example the one call center is using 80% of the CTI Ports in that group today, and you bring in this other group, who would need like 40% of the Ports themselves, well now you have over subscribed your ports. There is no link, as you might have been asking, however; strictly resource availability.

Hi Anthony

This is very helpful information.  One thing, how can I find out how many CTI ports are being utilized for the specific CCG?  Can we also add more CTI ports to it without affecting the other main CCG which has many more ports in it?  Would we have to increase the number of CTI ports installed between CM and UCCX to be able to increase the number of ports to the specific CCG?

I don't know of a report that tells you port utilization per CCG, but there is a report in CUIC that tells you total ports. It's under Historical > System. Has License usage in it too.

You can add more CCGs, in fact, you can add more than your system is licensed for, but I wouldn't add more than your OVA template allows for.

Your last question is a bit invalid, because you don't build anything in CUCM. When you increase the ports in UCCX, then UCCX uses AXL to create your CTI Ports in CUCM for you.