cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Calls based on Area Code

pete_chirpich
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to route calls to certain agents based on the area code of the caller. I assume I will need a database file to reference the calling party number to. Then filter on the area code, and router accordingly. I have never made a script look into a database. I would use a separate SQL database server for this.

I can handle the routing part once I know if the number matches. I just need some tips on getting to the database correctly.

Am I heading in the wrong direction? Should it be an XML file instead? Any advice or sample scripts would be appreciated.

20 Replies 20

Chris,

Any chance I can get a sample script from you that does the routing by Area code (ANI)?

Thx,

Howard

I can do that. I will need to modify it a little first. It also pulls from an sql db, but yuo will get the picture I think.

Thank you, Pete,

I am a little surprise Cisco provide so little sample scripts for these type of call routing. Afterall, if they want to win their customer's loyalty on the VoIP arena they need to show the flexibility of their solution...

Thx,

howard

Sorry for the delay. Here is my script.

Thank you, Peter. I ended up using the XML solution as we only have IPCC express so we do not have the license entitlement for the DB call module. In any case, thank you for the help.

Thx,

Howard

If the area codes are a defined set and do not change often. You could use a Switch step.