cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing calls to ipcc during off hours, is possible?

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

is possible that during off hours the call is managed by the ipcc playing a voice message?
how is doing?
there are somme tutorial? or sommething i can start to learn?

at leat some indication please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I guess you are going to work  sundays with the same schedule that saturdays use, so you need to copy into the branch "D" the same time of day that you have in the branch "S" of the Day of the week step. And erase the go to Fuera de Hora.

Gabriel.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The answer to the question as you have asked it is Yes; you can route calls to CCX only in specific times of day.

Your question is missing a lot of supporting detail to give the How.

• Are you running Contact Center Express or Enterprise? What version?
  • What version of Communications Manager?
  • What happens to the call during normal business hours? Is this a user's extension, a hunt pilot, what?

sorry with my english I not make the correct question.
My boss wants this weekend the incomming calls from the PSTN not play the weekend message example "We not work today, we work from monday to fryday.. etc.".

how can I inactive this message and my company can get normal operation like weekdays?.

we are not using time period or time schedule in the ccm. So I suppose the IPCC is whom manage the weekend message, right?.

Probably I need to get into some script and disable something. no? or change something in the cti route point?

my ccm is 4.X and our IPCC expres is 5.X.

just give the idea if you not have to much time please.

thanks.

Ah ok. The first thing to confirm is that the call is being routed toward CCX. Unity has a concept called a Call Handler that is also capable of playing messages. You should be able to confirm it is terminating on CCX by finding a trigger with the internal extension you dial. This is under Subsystems > Telephony > Triggers. If the internal extension is there, it's routing toward CCX.

Next up, look at the application name that trigger is associated to. Then go to Applications > App Management. Click on the application name and see what script file is attached to it. Now you can go to Applications > Script Management and download the script file. DO NOT PROCEED WITHOUT MAKING A BACKUP OF THIS FILE! You will also need the script editor which will be under Tools > Plugins.

Open it up and take a look. To be honest you need to know a lot more about the product before touching these scripts; however, behind the scenes this is essentially a bunch of Java beans; if you have a programming background you may be able to figure it out without too much effort.

What you should see is a Day of Week and Time of day step. The outcome of those steps will contain the other steps/code that define what the caller hears. If I understand what you are trying to do, it may be easiest to create a boolean variable, mark it as a parameter so that you can control it from the Application Management page, and put the Day of Week/Time of Day steps within a If step. If the variable is false, proceed normally. If you have marked the variable true then ignore the day/time steps and proceed on as if you're "open" no mater what. There are dozens of ways to go about this so the correct solution depends on what is in the script.

There is some documentation on the editor here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

You are awesome .

You solve my issue .

How can I test the script ? I aplied the If. And I want to check is working.

Ive tried do a debug, but appear a error.

we have two scripts one "operator" and another "queue operator". I suppose a incomming call triger "queue operator" script and in some way jump to the "operator" script, where is the if that I applied.  I've try to start the debug in the queue operator script but get the error that is in the image.

Hi Oscar,

As Jonathan said before this is possible, you just need to look in your IPCC to see which application is used for this weekend message, then look which script is being used for that application. Open that script with the CRS editor. In the script should have a "Day of the week" step, in the weekend branch send the call to the same call flow steps of the weekdays. Is you need more help attach a screenshot of the script, so we can help you.

Gabriel.

EDIT: oh didn't see that jonathan already answer your questions, and also in a better way hehe.

I atached two images the script application, and script itself. please tell me how proced. muchas gracias.

Hi Oscar,

Are you going to work just saturday or sunday too?

If you uncheck that, no one will be able  to hear the prompt in sundays.

Gabriel.

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

we are work saturday and sunday also.

I test it some minutes ago, but when uncheck the text box the script not work.
So the only way is change the script. can some one helpme with this?

kind regards.

I guess you are going to work  sundays with the same schedule that saturdays use, so you need to copy into the branch "D" the same time of day that you have in the branch "S" of the Day of the week step. And erase the go to Fuera de Hora.

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: