cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Saving scripts into repository doesn't work in UCCX 8.0 Editor

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

In UCCX 5 and 7 you could open scripts from repository in Editor running on any machine, and you could save them to repository also. In UCCX 8, I'm only able to open scripts from repository, but not save them, I get an error. TAC claims that this is by design in UCCX 8 with some strange explanation:

"in the version 7.x  u should be able to save the file directly to the repository as the files path can be mapped directly from your PC but not in version 8.x"

For some unknown reason this only affects savings scripts, but not opening. I'm trying to get TAC to create a bug.

Has anyone been able to save scripts in 8.0 editor through repository?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I experienced this. Check to see when you login to the Editor that you're using the exact case-sensitive version of your username. If you're in the directory as JohnSmith, you can successfully auth as johnsmith but saving scripts to the Repository blows up. If you auth as JohnSmith it works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Personally, I had really weird results in IP IVR 7 saving directly to reposotory, so I stopped doing it.

david

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I experienced this. Check to see when you login to the Editor that you're using the exact case-sensitive version of your username. If you're in the directory as JohnSmith, you can successfully auth as johnsmith but saving scripts to the Repository blows up. If you auth as JohnSmith it works.

Thank you so much, that was it!

Good deal. I found that on my own, not by talking to TAC, so I don't know if there's a bug ID. If you still have your case open, you might try to get your TAC guy to find a bug or open a new one. I'd like to see it fixed properly at some point.