Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Pop CTI Integration on 3rdparty App

Roy_11
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Experts ,

we are trying to integrate the screen pop on one of our web application instead of having finesse desktop to handle calls and all Call control state which is available in  finesse , could you please provide some insights on this how  to start this process Many thanks !!! Since i am very new to this i hope experts will give some insights to start .

Just need prerequisite for this 

Appreciate  all your responses !!!!  

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use the Finesse APIs in an external app. The Finesse APIs have the ability to answer the call and do other call control operations. You can find these APIs in the dialog APIs: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialog-apis

I am sure IP communicator and Jabber has APis as well, but I am not familiar with them.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

Thank you  Gerry , Appreciated your quick responses . 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yup. What Gerry said

It is like 95% the same between the two deployment types. There are a few not so common APIs that only work on CCE, but other than that, they work on both.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you very for responses Denise ,Gerry... 

12 Replies 12

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me make sure I understand your situation correctly. You want to integrate Finesse into your existing web application to do call control. Is that correct?

Assuming the above is correct, you would have to use the Finesse REST APIs and the Finesse Notifications. You may find the Finesse NonGadgetSample useful as a pointer: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/NonGadgetSample

Thanx,

Denise

Denise, 

yeah your understanding is right , not exactly finesse but we trying to build bot kind of web app within small frame with call control agent state and agent control state etc.. may i know where  i can find the call control state method to offer the trigger message whenever call comes into jabber or IP communicator , Could you please clarify that, form where i can able to find that ???  

Thanks for your responses in advance !!! 

Thanks!

Roy 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by "not exactly Finesse". You are trying to use the Finesse APIs to do call control and agent state right?

So, a call comes into jabber/IP communicator for the agent. You want the APIs for the agent to answer those calls? If so, here are the Finesse Dialog APIs to do that. You will also need the Finesse User APIs to do agent state control.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Please see my responses inline below.

So, a call comes into jabber/IP communicator for the agents. You want the APIs for the agent to answer those calls? yes , just want to know how we can offer the trigger options(for external app not finesse) whenever incoming call comes into IP communicator/jabber from customers?. How we can achieve this could you please give some insights.

any sample code is available ? 

Thanks for prompt responses !!!!!!

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use the Finesse APIs in an external app. The Finesse APIs have the ability to answer the call and do other call control operations. You can find these APIs in the dialog APIs: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!dialog-apis

I am sure IP communicator and Jabber has APis as well, but I am not familiar with them.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise ,

Sure , Thanks for info . Appreciated all your quicks responses  .

Hello Denis,

Just want to know one quick question , can we use this non gadget sample code in UCCX system ? i have used in PCCE and UCCE system , its working as expected. My question is here finesse API's are same in UCCX system as well?

Thanks!

Roy 

"Finesse has versions for both Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX). For the common features between the two deployments, the REST API and the JavaScript Library API are the same. Therefore, applications or gadgets developed using the Finesse APIs will work on both deployments."

Reference: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!getting-started/getting-started-with-cisco-finesse

Regards,

Gerry

Thank you  Gerry , Appreciated your quick responses . 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yup. What Gerry said

It is like 95% the same between the two deployment types. There are a few not so common APIs that only work on CCE, but other than that, they work on both.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you very for responses Denise ,Gerry... 

psharma001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Roy_11 ,

How about using a third-party CTI connector? You can screen pop key caller and ticket details within a third-party application like CRM, ticketing app, etc., using a CTI connector, which is quite easy to implement, learn, and use. For instance, ServiceNow CTI Connector from NovelVox can be easily fit inside the ServiceNow screen along with the call controls from Cisco, giving you the ability to handle calls and tickets from one screen. No screen switching!!

Gain more insights at: https://www.novelvox.com/cti-connector/

Hope this helps!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: