cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

script design help

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 csq with 10 standard agents and 2 supervisors.

I need a call to come in and if queued tries all the standard agents for about 5 minutes then failover and try the 2 supervisors. I can't create a 2nd csq witht just the sups in as it would mean another queue to report on. Is there a way I can failover to the sups with out using another CSQ?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. All available resources within a CSQ will be tried without delay. The order they are offered a call is dictated by the selection criteria on the CSQ.

If you do not want to create an additional CSQ, you could try to create a supervisor work flow in CSD that alerts the supervisors when calls are queuing up. They could manually go ready at that point as needed.

Other than that, you'll need to create a separate CSQ and queue the call into it after the threshold has been met.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you do not care about reporting, you could try a transfer to a "supervisor hunt group."

As long as you let the hunt group RNA to busy, the step will fail and the caller can keep waiting for agents.

If a supervisor answers the call, then the caller is connected to a supervisor.

You should dequeue the caller at this point.

Just a thought- you could to create separate extensions for the Supervisors to use for taking calls. Have them use that extension to log into the Agent desktop when needed. Then in your script you can do ABR to these agents when a certain time limit is met. If the supervisor agent is ready then send the call. If not, check the next supervisor agent. If that agent isn't ready then put call back into queue or do like avholloway stated, dequeue the call and send it to a hunt group.