cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

script to collect user information

ckgilliam
Level 1
Level 1

I`m looking for a way to have a UCCX script prompt caller for information and then store the information in a file or database.

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Files and databases are two very different things/efforts in UCCX. Do you have any requirements for how and where the data is stored? Also, what's your version and licensing level of UCCX?

I’m on UCCX 11.6.1. We are looking to gather like username. Location and brief detail where today we have someone live take this information. Then if urgent ability to press a number for connect to another extension. Basically an IVR

What about the lifespan of the information? Retention?

How do you plan to ask the user for their username? Spoken? DTMF key presses? Same question but for Location?

What's your licensing level of UCCX: Premium, Enhanced or Standard?

I`m thinking Spoken name and have them say their location number so that wouldn`t be an address.

I`m on Enhanced.

Are you planning to store the name and location as text based on the spoken words of the caller? Or are you planning to store the audio wav file?

Text based

Maybe you're not aware, but UCCX cannot transcribe speech to text. Did you think it could, or have you solved this problem in a different way?

You can only do that with Enterprise, correct?

Yes solution is that we will have users leave answers on voicemail and give options to transfer to live person. I will script this out. Although Text to Speech would be cool.

I'm not entirely sure about UCCE, but I would think not, and that just like UCCX, would require some third party integration to make that happen.