Views
Helpful
Replies

Script to read from database

Eng.AymanSabry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I need to have an idea about my task and i can't start from where i connected my UCCX with my database client needs to classify the callers by his number if this number is VIP he will go to VIP queue and if he's normal client he will go to the normal IVR if he is not in the table of the database he will still go to the normal IVR 

Developer classified in the table 

Contact Number, Contact type (where 1 VIP, 2 Normal) any help would be good and if someone can suggest what should i do in the table if that's not enough 

Thanks

10 Replies 10

If only VIP callers get the enhanced treatment, what purpose does it serve to have non-VIP callers in that table? Just curious. It sounds like you have a table with nothing but those 2 columns in it. How will that data get populated? I ask because perhaps you could directly query some other table (like a customer table) and make the VIP determination that way without an additional table.

Well that's the point i want to know to start with the developer if i only have VIP customers i want to seperate there mobile number in the queue than normal customers...

all i need is the idea to start and how to do it in script 

First you need to verify that you are getting accurate calling party numbers from the PSTN. Assuming you are, you would use a 'get call contact' info step to get calling party info. Use that to query the database, and then make you determination of what to do based on the data you got from the database. No data found is a possible result of the database query, so make sure you handle that condition.

all that is verified customer number i can get it with get info and also query the database no problem in it the point is after i find the number in the database or the table what should i do...

should i go if statement or do what after query and getting info

I would say assume normal processing, but flag someone as a VIP if they are found with the proper values in the database.

Still no help should i use if statement with number and DBread ?

I am purposefully staying high level. Start with a VIP flag that is false. Do your DBread/DBget (you have to do both), and set flag to true if you find the right data. Then you can use an If based on the VIP flag.

Thanks for info i did DBread and DBget but in the table/view i can't find the table name to get the data from the column i need attached 2 screenshots 

1st one that i can get the data from Database with 1 return which means i'm connected to DB

2nd one i can't find the table name in the drop menu (I scrolled through all the drop menu and i can't find the table name)

Attached better rsolution

mateev.borislav
Level 1
Level 1

Check the permissions on the table for your db user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: