Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Select Resource Step

Hello all,

I  have UCCX 7.0 with Premium licensing.

this is my challenge is there a way or do you know a way to send a call to an agent if the call hasn't been answered by my script yet

what i mean is

i place a call and it hits my trigger in uccx , i don't want to have the "accept" step on my script so the call won't get answered, however i want that call to be sent to an agent if an agent is available and have that agent answer the call, if not i want that cal on the queue. the queue thing is not an issue, my issue is when the agent is ready to take that call the system can't transfer the call because the call hasn't been accepted before

if i change the "connect" parameter on the select resource step to NO, the system takes it, however my agent goes to  "reserved" state and it won't get the call

is there a way for you to do this ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Me {ten foot pole} Your Question

The answer is simply no.  But now you have me curious, what reason could you have for not wanting to use the accept step in a script?  with the exception of an HTTP triggered application or subflow, of course.

Hi Anthony,

thanks for your time to answer my post.

I don't want to use the accept step on my script because I want to create something like a Multimedia queue. what i mean is

when the customer doesn't want to continue to hold, and press X to leave a vm, i want that VM to be sent back to the queue and then get an agent to listen to it and call it back, since i couldn't find anything exaclty like that in UCCX

what i did is I have the option that will ask the caller to leave a vm, and when the customer does, is going to store the VM in unity, i configured unity to send a notification back to UCCX, at that point i don't want the call to be answered by the accept step until the agent gets the call, because the notification will play a default prompt. so i want the agent to listen to this prompt when he/she gets the call.

of if you know a better way to send a vm back to the queue I will really appreciated it

thanks

Ah, yes, it all makes sense now.

UCCX can do this for you.

Look into the Record Prompt step, and the place call step.  With the two of these steps at the core, and a couple others for flow control, you can achieve exactly what you are looking for.

could you elaborate a little bit more please, I'm new to scripting and I'd like to implement this as best as possible

thanks

Cristobal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: