Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send DTMF digits with CVP App

Dears,

I would like to know if is possible send data as DTMF Digits through an CVP application. We have an UCCE infraestructure installed on our customer, but they have a new project that will need transfer the call and data for an Avaya System. Is It possible? How can I do this?

Best regards!

Alessandro

9 Replies 9

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that you are trying to get the Call Informtaion(DTMF) via CVP and hand the call to ICM and then you need to send the Call to AVAYA from ICM.

If that is the case? You can make use of Translation Route to transfer the Call Data to the ACD.

Have a look at the below document why and how Translation Route is used.

http://developer.cisco.com/documents/18005/0837357b-73a4-4f6d-a74f-ee8990d5c6b5

Regards,

Senthil.

Rate if this Helps

Hi Senthil,

No i don't want to get the Call Information, it I already can get. I need transfer a Call and send a sequence of DTMF to the Avaya ACD. The information that I want to send, my CVP Application will get when the final customer type on his phone. Something like a customer code or identification.

The call will be transfer through of PSTN. There is no CTI integration.

Yes, it's possible, you'll need a custom TCL script to do this.  It's not pretty,ch I don't recommend it.  Any chance you can setup a webservice or something like that to communicate to the other system?

david

Hi David,

I thought about using a WebService to send data seconds before to transfer the call. The problem in doing this is that my customer will not be able to associate the call transferred with the data sent to WebServices because when the call arrives at Avaya ACD, is generated a new call ID.

Do you have an exemple how to do it using a TCL Script or other way?

Alessandro

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

Check UUI in CVP SRND.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Addition to the UUI, You can also have a look at TakeBack-and-Transfer Section in the CVP Srnd which talks about your requirement, Below is the snippet i copied from the CVP SRND.

TNT (also known as Transfer Connect) is a transfer mechanism offered by some U.S. PSTN service

providers (such as AT&T and Verizon). With this transfer method, inband DTMF tones are outpulsed to

the PSTN by Unified CVP. These inband tones act as a signaling mechanism to the PSTN to request a

transfer to be completed. A typical DTMF sequence is *8xxxx, where xxxx represents a new routing label

that the PSTN understands. Upon detection of a TNT DTMF sequence, the PSTN drops the call leg to

the ingress gateway port and then re-routes the caller to a new PSTN location (such as a TDM ACD

location).

This behavior might be necessary for a customer with existing ACD site(s) but no IVR, who wants to

use Unified CVP initially as just an IVR. Over time, the customer might want to transition agents from

the TDM ACD(s) to Cisco Unified CCE and use Unified CVP as an IVR, queueing point, and transfer

pivot point (thus eliminating the need for TNT services).

In Unified CVP deployments with the ICM, the DTMF routing label outpulsed could have been a Unified

ICM translation routing label to enable passing of call data to another Unified ICM peripheral (such as

a TDM ACD). In this scenario, Unified CVP views the call as completed, and Unified CVP call control

is ended. With TNT, if the transfer to the termination point fails, there is nothing Unified CVP can do to

re-route the call. While some TNT services do have the ability to re-route the call back to Unified CVP,

Unified CVP sees this call as a new call.

Regards,

Senthil

Senthil,

Do you have any example about it? I ask because in my scenario, the call will be transfer without CTI (ICM). I need to do a blind transfer.

Regards,

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

Did you find a solution to your problem because I have the same issue ...

Thanks

RAJESH ASOK
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you ever found a solution to this issue. Are you just trying to transfer the call from CVP to to an Avaya ACD. And on the Avaya ACD, the VDN deliver the call to, is setup to receive DTMF digits, then if you just reply back with a Label 88121DTMF123456 (88121 being the VDN on the Avaya). When the call reaches the AVaya VDN 88121, the vector associated with the VDN should have Collect X digits hearing none, the digits 123456 will be outpulsed by CVP/ICM/PG to the Avaya vector.

Thanks,

Rajesh.