cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sending calls to a second queue?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

It seems like i could do this a couple different ways, just trying to find a best practice...

2 support desks (support desk Chicago and support desk Denver)

Support desk Denver is already up and running on it's own script and CSQ

Support desk Chicago is new, it will have it's own CSQ and script (same UCCX server).  However, we want to make sure that in the event of issues at Chicago, calls would be redirected to Denver (no agents logged in, wait times in excess of 10min, etc).

My Chicago script currently has all those contigencies pointing to a "goto:denver_redirect"

The question is what to do from that label (denver_redirect) onward...

Do i just create a second queue in Chicago's script that mirrors the same queue environment as Denver's?  Is there anything to be concerned about having two scripts(Chicago and Denver) pump calls into a single CSQ (Denver)?

Or do i just do a call redirect to Denver's Unified CM Trigger from the Chicago script?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

mclenden
Level 1
Level 1

Given that we usually serve more than one master when designing call-flows (Call Routing, Reporting, Workforce Management), I would at least consider the impact it would have on call-type and SLA reporting. To name a couple of things off the top of my best practice list:

1. Consider primary and secondary skills (this will allow for load-balancing as well)

2. Having a seperate script will allow more flexibility in sovling for business requirements around call-routing

3. The more CSQ's, the more reporting

Peace,

Michael Clendening

CCIE #6487 (ISP-Dial)