cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ServiceLevel Calculation

MhLove007
Level 1
Level 1

I need help understanding the parts that go into calculating service level by call_type....                

The Call_Type_Interval  teble has a colume named ServiceLevel. i would like to manully run the calculation to understand how they came up with the SL.

Should it be CallsHandled / NULLIF (CallsOffered, 0) AS SL  OR  CallsAnswered / NULLIF (CallsOffered, 0) AS SL

SELECT     DateTime, CallTypeID, CallsAnswered / NULLIF (CallsOffered, 0) AS SL, ServiceLevel,

ServiceLevelType, CallsAnswered

FROM         dbo.Call_Type_Interval

SELECT     DateTime, CallTypeID, CallsHandled / NULLIF (CallsOffered, 0) AS Calcu, CallsAnswered / NULLIF (CallsOffered, 0) AS Calcu2, ServiceLevel,

ServiceLevelType, CallsAnswered

FROM         dbo.Call_Type_Interval

10 Replies 10

Calculation of SL is typically done one of three ways:

• SL Abandon Ignored: ServiceLevelCalls / (ServiceLevelCallsOffered - ServiceLevelAband)
  • SL Abandon Positive: (ServiceLevelCalls + ServiceLevelAband) / ServiceLevelCallsOffered
  • SL Abandon Negative: ServiceLevelCalls / ServiceLevelCallsOffered

Where ServiceLevelCalls is the number of calls answered within the service level, ServiceLevelAband is the number of calls abandoned within the service level, and ServiceLevelCallsOffered is the number of calls offered.

The exact field names will depend on your UCCE version.

CallsAnswered/CallsOffered is not Service Level... Service Level always depends on a time component... you want the percentage of calls answered within your defined service level threshold.

-Jameson

Thanks this works well... Can you explain what you meant by "

you want the percentage of calls answered within your defined service level threshold.

"

In the configuration for a Call Type, it will have a "Service level threshold" defined. This is the number of seconds you would like your calls to be answered within.

As an example... if you had a service level threshold of 30 seconds, every call answered within 30 seconds would improve the service level, while every call not answered within 30 seconds will reduce the service level.

Within the configuration for a call type, you also set the Service level type. These should match up with the "Abandon Ignored", "Abandon Positive", and "Abandon Negative" I mentioned previously, and determine which calculation is automatically used in reporting.

-Jameson

Got it!! Thanks again I really appreciate it..

I hate to dredge up such an old thread, but seeing as it contains such good information already and this is extending it rather than steering it in another direction...

If you change the threshold and/or sl type, does that change future data as it's being written or just the cuic calculations? I'm just not sure if the data is being calculated by those 2 settings before it's being written, or if those 2 settings are used by the calculations as you're running reports. I guess it's really a question of whether changing those settings is a retroactive change or not.

thanks,

will

Will,

The threshold and SL type are not retroactive.

ServiceLevelCalls, ServiceLevelCallsOffered, and ServiceLevelAband are incremented at the time of the call either being answered, abandoned, or hitting the SL threshold. When a row is written to Call_Type_Half_Hour (or Call_Type_Interval), the computed Service Level for that interval is recorded to the ServiceLevelHalf column. The current SL type gets recorded under the ServiceLevelType column in the same row.

Any time you're running a half-hour report, the Service Level is usually read directly from the half-hour table. Any summary (daily/weekly/monthly/etc) will compute the Service Level based on the ServiceLevelType value in the half-hour table, and the formulas I had previously listed in this thread.

For similar reasons, Bucket Interval changes are also not retroactive.

-Jameson

-Jameson

I have a situation where some call's "ServiceLevelCalls" field is being incremented when that call's "AnswerWaitTime" exceeds the Service Level threshold. Any thoughts on how this would be occuring? Maybe it is TAC time.

Thanks,

Mark

Dear Jameson,

I was curious in Service Level is based just on queue time in the sense that if a call comes in, routes to an agent, rings for 10 seconds and the agent doesn't pick up the call in time in which it routes to another agent is the SL based on just the time the call was in queue or could it be taking the 10 seconds of ring time into consideration?

Please let me know,

Matt S.

Hi Matt,

Did you get an answer for your query meanwhile?

I would have to test this, but I'm pretty sure the moment the call is offered to an agent its SL calculation stops. So for example:

- Call goes into Q and is offered within 30 seconds positive SL

- Call rings and RONA

- Call goes into Q again and is offered after 30 seconds negative SL

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: