Helpful
Replies

Setting up DBLookup Node in ICM 4.6.2

mark.pendleton
Level 1
Level 1

I need to lookup some information in an existing database, but

after setting up the Script table in the Configuration Manager and referecing

the table in the DBLookup node, it won't connect to the database.

After running the Call Tracer program the DBLookup node has this message

"Script Table is unavailable"

Since there is little documentation on this process any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I assume you specified the Script Table in the Database Lookup Explorer as:

\\\.

where MACHINE_NAME is the host your Microsoft SQL Server is running on.

For example, on my AW I have it set to:

\\cis1000r9\CustomerDB.Customer

Have you configured the registry? This will be on the machine where the DBWorker processes are running - that is, the Call Routers (side A and side B).

Make sure the SQL user name and password are supplied for the following string value:

\RouterA\Router\CurrentVersion\Configuration\Database\SQLLogin

in the following form (using my example above):

\\cis1000r9\CustomerDB=(dblookup,dblookup)

What's in parentheses is SQL_Login,password. Just so happens I had set the password the same as the login name.

You can have a second SQL server in here for redundancy - use a comma to separate the specs.

There are restrictions on the table. One primary key only and this should be a string. Other columns can only be strings, ints or floats.

Watch DBWorker as it starts up - you'll see it connect.

(I assume you've configured DB Lookup in setup and the DBWorker process exists!!)

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

have a query on this context. Can we have this external DB set it up in AW\HDS server ? is that approach is supported by Cisco or will have any challenges from Cisco's best practice perspective ?

regards

Sooraj Gopi

Hello Sooraj,

Have a look at the UCCE BOM. Below is the link of UCCE 8.5 BOM, Its not supported

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_8_5/reference/guide/icm85_bom.pdf

It is mentioned as "SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 2 is supported for the DBLookup feature. Creating a custom DB on the Logger or HDS is not supported".

Regards,

Senthil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: