Views
Helpful
Replies

Sig digits - edge queuing

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I

We have a regional ucce deployment  with each remote site having local gw and Vxml for edge queuing

Gw>>cusp>>cvp 

My understanding is that each site, gw. Sends the call to cusp then cvp, since we queue the call at each gw. To do this we prepend a unique a site code (2xdigit  per gw   we create a sip trunk to the cusp servers. The cusp server has routes to cvp based upon the site code+dnis 

Cvp is configured with sig digits set to say 2

when call is sent from GW to CUSP to CVP, cvp looks at  the sig digits and in our case saves the 1st two, When icm sends a label back to cvp, cvp adds the same saved 2 digit sig digit.

Cvp sends the mesage back with the sites code and sig digit and cusp sends the call  / messages. Cusp has routes back to the original gw based upon the sites code and label

Does the Ringback service on the VXML GW work the same way as I saw something to suggest it does not 

Ring back service pattern 919191T

In cvp there is a setting for "dn for ring back" to be 919191 

Does CVP add the "saved" digits - site code to the 919191 patten and send that to cusp which in turns routes back to the originating gw 

Does that mean we need to change the pattern for the ringback application to be site code+919191 ?

I saw something the above works differently for ringback on a web site as below- Reading this it suggests CVP sends back just 919191 to cusp ? however how does cvp know where to tell cusp to send the call?

extract form web site 

SIP RingTone and Error Services

There is one caveat that SigDigits feature does not cover the 91919191 (RingTone) and 92929292 (Error) DNs for those services. What this means is that once the agent becomes available, CVP needs to pull the call that is queued at the edge on the VXML-GW and connect the caller to the agent. During this transition, CVP needs to play a ringback tone to the PSTN caller. CVP does that by initiating a SIP call (CVP sends a SIP invite) towards the VXML-GW by dialling 91919191 to play a ringtone back.

VXML-GW matches this 91919191 on an incoming SIP VoIP dial-peer and sends ringback.wav file to the ingress Voice GW. This file is being stored in the VXML-GW and is benign sent to the ingress GW. 

Ive previously set this up with a single GW, VXML and "send back to originating gw "and so have not used SIG digits before

thanks

1 Reply 1

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6
Can I also ask if the call flow is gw/vxml>>cucm>>cusp >>>cvp

Call terminates at cucm, cucm adds a site code (22) to cusp, cusp has a route to cvp.
Cvp strips 22, icm sends back a ringback label 919191
If cvp does add 22to 919191, should cusp send the call to cucm and cucm sends it to gw/vxml or should cusp send it directly to Gw/Vxml and again does it route on 919191 or site code+919191 (22919191)
Thanks