Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Dialer Gateway

Hello,

I am building a design for one of our customers who is intersted to have the SIP dialer.

I read about the SIP dialer and it looks like that the rel1xx on the SIP config should be enabled but for the CVP it needs to be disabled.

Is this mean that i have to had a sperate GW for the SIP dialer or there is some workaround for this.

Thanks

Amer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just set the rel1xx support in the relevent dial-peers instead of under voice service voip.

voice-class sip rel1xx {supported value | require value | system | disable}

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just set the rel1xx support in the relevent dial-peers instead of under voice service voip.

voice-class sip rel1xx {supported value | require value | system | disable}

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your answer , just a question , are you sure it can be done?

What i mean is it going to work normally for incoming (cvp) and outgoing (SIP dialer) and CUCM normal outgoing calls?

Amer

I can't speak to CVP or the dialer directly; we are a CCX shop. From an IOS perspective this would enable rel1xx only on a specific dial-peer. Assuming you use separate VoIP dial-peers for the dialer from CVP and CUCM I don't see why this wouldn't work. A2Q could probably validate this though since I believe the dialers are on QPH anyways.

Hello,

Then it's better to check with the a UCCE SE from cisco , thanks anyways.

Amer

Michael Oldham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathan is spot on.

Using this today and it works fine. Ensure you use the correct IOS as you will get weird results on transfers if not.

Michael

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

Amer,

Everyone is right... You need one Dial-peer for the SIP Dialer w/ REL1xx enabled, however what was not mentioned is you cannot hand the call off to CVP with out a translational routing. Your CVP Dial-Peer will actually need to be configured to match the did range you defined for tranlation routes, in my environment it 12[1-2].. for my first CVP Call Server and follow suit for the remaining 3. When the Dialer hands the call off to CVP it will use the trans route which will need to match a a Dialpeer for the CVP Call Server as the Voice Gateway will be the one performing the actual transfer.

Also see my post regarding Dissabling Ring Back for SIP Dialer Calls.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21998

Make sure you adhere to ALL the IOS revision requirements defined in the UCCE SRND and CVP SRND ** A2Q(Cisco BU) will will not certify the design otherwise and if they overlook the IOS versions then TAC will definatly tell you the first time you open a TAC case that you have to modify the IOS version to match the SRND.

My CC

----------------

CVP 8.5
ICM 8.5.2
CUCM 8.5.1
CUSP 8.5

IOS 15.1.3T2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: