Views
Helpful
Replies

Skills Based Report

Jerad Medina
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am migrating from another ACD software to UCCX and came across an issue. It appears that one Agent can only be assigned to 25 skills.

In our current environment I have a Contact Center that answers calls 14 different menus. All menus have 2 skills thus all Agents are currently assigned to 28 skills. This obviously causes a issue in UCCX. This was previously done for reporting purposes as the current ACD software does not have a Skills per Agent limitation. At least not one that has been reached.

Ideally I could create one or more CSQs and add multiple Skills to each. However, I have searched in the Stock reports and have not found a report that breaks a CSQ down by Skill. 

If this Team still requires reporting for 28 skills. Can this be accomplished with scripting and a custom report. I have worked with UCCX before but never had to do any custom reporting. I would think this could be done if I was to create and report on Custom Variables that I populate in the script.

I am looking in the right direction? Or is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jerad

6 Replies 6

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Jerad,

You have multiple possibilities, but before anyone can give you a viable solution, they will need to know what version of UCCX you are using.

Jason

Sorry about that. We are on UCCX 11.6.2.

Jerad

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In CCX 11.6 an agent can be assigned 50 skills, not 25, see "Number of skills with which an agent can associate" from:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6_2/design/guide/uccx_b_ccx-solution-design-guide-1162/uccx_b_ccx-solution-design-guide-1162_chapter_01001.html

An agent can be assigned to 25 CSQs though, but you said each CSQ comprises of 2 skills in your design, so you should be good.  Separate business question would why would an agent need to be assigned >25 skills, if agents are so versed in so many skills perhaps re-structuring the complex menu would benefit the agents and especially the customers (callers), as it sounds like many options end up at the same agents anyway.  I've seen many over engineered call trees and it serves nobody except the business peoples' job security :-)

Sometimes in UCCX, since we don't have call types like UCCE, people use different CSQs to understand what the caller did in the IVR and what the outcomes were, not necessarily to find the proper agents, and that's really unfortunate. The closest thing we have is CCV1-10, but there are quite a few limitations with that. Anyway, just conversing.

The current configuration for each menu is actually quite simple. Each menu consists of 5 options. See below. Each CSQ consists of one Skill. Currently this is done because each Skill needs to be reported on separately. Is there a CSQ by Skill Stock report I am missing that provides this information? 

1. CSQ ABC = Skill A

2. CSQ DEF = Skill B

3. Routes to a different Department

4. Routes to a different Department

5. Routes to a an individuals DID.

Each Agent is assigned to more than 25 Skills because they answer calls for 13 different DID's. Each DID points a menu similar to the the above and all have different greetings. Therefore, 26 unique CSQ's and Skills are needed. 

I have a couple of ideas floating in my head. If it can be done or has been done that would be great to know.

1. Present calls to only two CSQ's each with one Skill assigned. Basically the same configuration as above. Then use scripting to populate a Variable named Call Type with a unique value that is specific to each menu and DTMF option. My question for this scenario is.... Can a historical report be built to return all calls to a CSQ and filtered or grouped by Call Type variable I am populating.

2. Present calls to only two CSQ's each with one Skill assigned. Basically the same configuration as above. Then use Wrap-Up Reasons to capture the something similar to Call Type mentioned above. I do not see a Stock Report that provides Wrap-Up Reason information. Could a historical report be built to capture CSQ and filtered or grouped by Wrap-Up Reason stats. 

Thanks,

Jerad

Disregard Option 2. I was looking right over the Agent Wrap Up reports. 

This would be a manual process for the Agents. I would much prefer to do this automatically like I outlined in the other scenario. 

Thanks,

Jerad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: