cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skills Based Routing - Multiple Queues

mzajeski
Level 1
Level 1

We have an agent that is skills that can service two queues.  We have a called in the queue1 for 25 minutes and queue2 for 50 minutes.  With skills based routing, what is the determining factor as to which call AgentA will take when she logs in??

I think we have some form of misconfiguration in our system as the queue2 is only ever selected when there are no callers waiting in queue1 and an agent (who is skilled for queue2) is free.  Any help appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

By default the minimum competence is 5 and therefore all the agents no matter what skills have been assigned to them will use the minimum competence as 5. What is the minimum competence level of each queue?

The skills are correctly assigned to the agents?

As far as i know the agent will receive the call that its most skilled

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

I understand the agent that is most skilled will be sent the call.  That's not my question though.  My question is when there are (2) queues that have a caller on each and an agent goes active and can service either of the queues.  What's the true logic behind which call that agent receives?  With a single queue / skills / etc, it's easy to understand.  With multiple, there has to be some logic followed (ie, longest call in one of the two queues).

If the criteria for call selection is the same across the queues and the call priority is the same it should be a FIFO, First In First Out, criteria.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: