Views
Helpful
Replies

Skills Based Routing Questions

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have a question regarding skills based routing.  I am trying to use the algorithm of "Least skilled by order".  I am expecting the following:

NY-CSQ

(skills in order)

- Shopping (skill)

- Driving

- Walking

Boston-CSQ

(skills in order)

- Driving (skill)

- Shopping

- Walking

LA-CSQ

(skills in order)

- Walking (skill)

- Shopping

- Driving

Agents

AgentA

- Walking - 1

- Shopping - 2

- Driving - 2

AgentB

- Driving - 1

- Walking - 2

- Shopping - 3

AgentC

- Shopping - 1

- Driving - 2

- Walking - 3

AgentD

- Shopping - 1

- Driving - 2

- Walking - 3

Assuming a call comes in for NY-CSQ and all agents are ready.  I'm expecting the call to go to longest available between AgentC and AgentD.  Instead, the call goes to AgentA who has the least overall skill.

I cannot find in documentation the difference between "Least skilled", and "Least skilled by order".  In this case, assuming that AgentC and/or AgentD are available, I always want the call for NY-CSQ to go to them first based on the order of the skills in the CSQ.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

7 Replies 7

wjrobbenjr
Level 1
Level 1

Refer to CUCCX 7.0(1) Administration guide, pages 7-21 & 7-22.

•Longest Available—Selects the agent who has been in the Available state for the longest amount of time.

•Most Handled Contacts—Selects the agent who has answered the most handled calls.

•Shortest Average Handle Time—Selects the agent who generally spends the least amount of time talking to customers.

•Most Skilled—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent’s competency levels for each of their assigned skills that are also assigned to the CSQ.
–Example 1: If Agent1 is assigned Skill1(5), Skill2(6), and Skill3(7) and CSQ1 specifies Skill1(min=1) and Skill3(min=1), the total competency level for Agent1 for CSQ1 is 12.
–Example 2: If Agent1 is assigned Skill1(5) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7) and CSQ1 specifies Skill1(min=1), only, the total competency level for Agent1 for CSQ1 is 5.

•Least Skilled—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent’s competency level in each assigned skill.

•Least Skilled by Weight—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level multiplied by the skill’s associated weight.

•Most Skilled by Weight— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level multiplied by the skill’s associated weight.

•Most Skilled by Order— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level in the ordered list.

•Least Skilled by Order— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level in the ordered list.

Note: If two or more agents have equal competency level, then the selection automatically defaults to Longest Available selection criteria.

Thanks.  I have seen that, but it's not clear to me.

•Least Skilled by Order— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level in the ordered list.

•Least Skilled—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent’s competency level in each assigned skill.

I don't understand how it uses the ordered list.  How is it using the order to make a routing decision?

Based on what I read in the UCCX7 Admin Guide, Least Skilled by Order should work just the way you desire, it would seem.  The UCCX should compare the skill of each agent on the first skill in the list, routing to the lowest skilled agent available and only comparing the second skill on the list if multiple available agents are tied at having the lowest skill level.  However, I have never used ordered lists of skills so I have no practical knowledge of how this works, only theorical.

So, either the AG is wrong, you have a bug, or there is some misconfiguration that you are missing.  Because based on what I see it should be working.

Thanks for the responses.

I looked through the MIVR logs and found that the order was what I would have expected per the skill of the agent, and the order in which the CSQ had the skill defined.

I'm going to do some more testing, but may end up taking this to TAC.

Has anyone used lowest/highest skill by order and seen the result that I'm expecting?

Jeff,

Did you ever get this sorted?

I'm about to start building an application and was going to use most skilled by order to determine call routing. If I have to use most skilled by weight it'll make it a bit more complicated and I'd rather avoid it if I can.

Hi ,

If the same caller calls within XX hours after talking to an agent and if the same agent is available call should be routed to the same agent as before based on CLI

Please advice

Reagdrs

PW

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: