Views
Helpful
Replies

SMS on IPCC Enterprise

msocarras
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

On an IPCC Enterprise solution, how can I get SMS (messages to mobile phones) functionality from the agents desktops? Is there an additional module that have to be purchased?

thanks,

Mario S

5 Replies 5

epekou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mario,

Did you implement this? I am interested in the same functionality and I would appreciate any info.

TIA,

Evi.

Hello,

this is interesting; actually, my client asked for a more interesting senario: an emploee out of office needs to talk to a client, he sends an SMS to the IVR containing client's number, the system calls them both and establish a conference.

Is that applicable?

Thank you in advance

Hi there,

generally speaking, currently to implement SMS functionality you need a SMS Gateway to interface with IP-IVR or CVP.

This is done via third party technology partners, get your sales rep involved if you are interested in any specific one of them.

As far as the callflow goes, it is a customisation and it is hard to say what is doable and what is not, but you could implement a webservice wrapping the SMS content and then build up a dial list for a call back using outbound option and IPCCE or a VXML app and a Route Request via a CVP Server.

I would recommend to discuss all this with your Cisco Sales Rep and to get the right resources involved.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hello,

Yes actually I have found a 3rd party application can perform exactly the task I am talking about, check this out:

http://www.portaone.com/solutions/callback-management/

and have a nice time

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: