Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Miner (CCX Deployment) on BE7K?

michekin
Level 1
Level 1

One of our partners has the following question:

"I had a quick question for you.  We are thinking about quoting the new C240 M4 Medium Density Business Edition 7000 server (part number BE7M-M4-K9) for a Contact Center RFP.  Upon using the Cisco Virtual Machine Placement tool and trying to add the SocialMiner server in to the configuration we are getting an error stating that SocialMiner isn’t supported on this hardware.  Upon further investigation on the UC on UCS wiki, I don’t see any reason why this wouldn’t be supported on these servers.  Could you check to see if SocialMiner truly isn’t supported on this hardware or if this is just some sort of an error with the Virtual Machine Placement Tool? 

According to this link,http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_SocialMiner, and this link,http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware#BE7000M_Servers_and.C2.A0Medium_UConUCS_Tested_Reference.C2.A0Configurations,  it would be supported.  I have also included a screenshot from both links.  As I understand, and as the links indicate, the BE7K servers are considered medium (M) servers.  Both the small and large SocialMiner deployments are indicated as supported.  Am I missing something?  Thanks in advance."

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi michekin,

The docwiki you referenced indicates that the server should be UCS Tested Reference Configuration "UCS M4 as spec-based only".  So going over to the Collaboration Virtual Machine Placement Tool and checking the box for "Show Servers and Virtual Machines for: <check> Collaboration System, then hit the tab for "Servers".  Ignore the B-series, C-series, and E-series tabs and select "Spec-based".  Notice the correlation with the docwiki and the tab selected: "Spec-based".  I choose the "2 socket x 12 core" (matching the BE7000M) and the tool allowed me to drag and drop the "SocialMiner" app.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi michekin,

The docwiki you referenced indicates that the server should be UCS Tested Reference Configuration "UCS M4 as spec-based only".  So going over to the Collaboration Virtual Machine Placement Tool and checking the box for "Show Servers and Virtual Machines for: <check> Collaboration System, then hit the tab for "Servers".  Ignore the B-series, C-series, and E-series tabs and select "Spec-based".  Notice the correlation with the docwiki and the tab selected: "Spec-based".  I choose the "2 socket x 12 core" (matching the BE7000M) and the tool allowed me to drag and drop the "SocialMiner" app.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: