Views
Helpful
Replies

SocialMiner & Exchange

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello everyone,

Our curent UCCX and SocilaMiner version is 10.6 and planning to move to 11.6. The exchange server is 2010. My question is; would SocialMiner 11.6 work with exchange 10.6 or we need to move to 2013 or 2016?

Thanks,

MK

9 Replies 9

Hi ,

Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 does not have built-in support for TLS version 1.1 or 1.2. Contact Microsoft support for details. To continue using Exchange 2010, use the CLI command to enable TLS version 1.0 as the minimum version in the client (Cisco SocialMiner). 
 Download and install the latest cumulative update (Cumulative Update 15 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (KB3197044) or higher) to support TLS version 1.2.

Please refer the below link for more information :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/uccxcompat11_6_1.html#Microsoft_Exchange_Server_for_Finesse_Email

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ramamoorthy

Are you saying by enabling TLS version 1.0 in the SocialMiner version 11.6 we will be able to continue using exchange 2010 with UCCX and SocilaMinter11.6?

Thanks,

MK

Hi,

Yes, if you enable TLS version 1.0 in SM, you can continue to work with exchange 2010 and SM 11.6. But its good to upgrade your exchange for smooth functionality.

Regards,

Mukesh

Hi Singh,
Do i still need to enable tls version 1.0 if i have exchange 2016 update 9

Collins

Nope.. It should work..

Hello Sir,

Is there anything like email widget similar to uccx chat widget that will be presented to  a customer. Assuming that a customer from the internal network wants to lodge a complaint to the network support team.if this user clicks a link that point to "mailto:networkteam@example.com how will the user logon internally to the OWA when his account does not exist at Owa.

Is there a simple way to allow each user to create his/her own account on the Exchange server .

Thanks in anticipation

Collins

Hi @Ramamoorthy Shanmugam

How are you today?

I am facing same problem with this integration. I have captured the package in the socialminer and found this error in the communication with exchange:

Exchange   is   ip 10.10.xx.25

Socialminer is  ip 10.80.yy.54 

error_social_miner_exchange2010.png

Daniel Sobrinho

Hello,can you ping the exchange from the social miner ? If yes,you can take
a look at the uccx sandbox 11.6 and check their configs
https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/67b08d9b-3775-4fc1-b63c-fc306ea7536a
Collins

Hey Guys,

The problem was fixed after change the TLS client version in SocialMiner to version 1.0. The exchange was 2010. It does not support tls version 1.2 of my socialminer version 11.6.

Daniel Sobrinho