Views
Helpful
Replies

SocialMiner- Cannot Create Facebook feed

saharhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed SocialMiner 9.0 in a lab environment.

I am trying to get started with it by creating a Facebook Fan Page feed.

However, when I try to get the authorization, I receive the following error:

Authorization Failed.

The authorization request was denied by Facebook, the process timed out, or there was a connection or other failure. Please try again

After doing some research I found out that there is a cop that can be applied and may be related to this problem, so I downloaded it and applied it.

However, the problem remained. I now only have the Cancel and Save button, but when I try to save, I get the same error.

Any idea what can be done to solve this issue?

12 Replies 12

saharhanna
Level 1
Level 1

I have also tried to create a Twitter account feed but I received the following error:

Authorization Pending...
Wait for the Twitter authorization page to load.
Still  attempting to connect to Twitter. Check the proxy settings and/or  internet connection for the CCP server if connection fails

Any help is appreciated

Sahar

Did you ever get a solution to this?

david

Hi David,

I still haven't found a solution for this although I'm still trying to figure it out.

Please let me know what was the issue if you ever solve it

Thanks

Sahar

Hi Sahar,

How did you resolve this issue?I am facing the same issue with Socialminer 10.0 in Lab.

Regards,

Mukesh

Hi Mukesh,

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks,

Lara

Hello Lara,

did you find a solution or workaround for this?

thank you,

Jesus

Hello,

I could solve the problem, during installation somehow not include the DNS Servers that I placed. I had to reinstall and after that verified DNS with "show network eth0". With DNS correctly the error message disappeared and I could add new Facebook feeds and Twiter feeds.

Jesus

I am running Social Miner 11.0.1. In my case, NTP was working correctly but DNS wasn't.  Once I resolved the DNS issue, Twitter was able to function.  Thanks Jesus.

Hi David,

Did you get a solution for this?

Thank you,

Lara

Hi Sahar and anyone else,

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved? I'm having the same issue (version 9.0.1.10000-10 with the COP4 file installed).

Try and add the Cisco Facebook fanpage, get the authorization page pop up, login to facebook using personal account and go through and allow access, get redirected to a blank page and then it dissapears and i'm left with the error message and no feed added.

Karen

Hi All,

We need to have the entries in DNS and NTP needs to be IOS based (so it can be synchronized), if you are proxy then the Facebook and Twitter needs to allowed, please visit the link below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/w/index.php?title=SocialMiner_Feeds:_Authorization_fails_for_Facebook_fan_page_feed&oldid=60300

Best Regards,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer

wcristian
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue, I tried with SM 10.5 , 10.0 and I am having the same problem... I have a running SM 8.5 and I can add facebook feed fine however I cant use this version because I am hitting a BUG as well.

Someone got this resolved ? Please let me know this is an urgent matter for me.

Regards,