Views
Helpful
Replies

Socialminer Chat distribution

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Again, I have recently went live with our new socialminer chat.  From the contact service queue, I see only two options.  Longest idle and most skilled.  Couple issues I am having with longest idle.  Per another discussion I created on notifications, staff are missing their chat notification.  Then the chat goes abandoned.  Not good.  Two parts.

A: why if no one answers the chat request in the time specified, can it not go to the next agent?

B: I don't want longest idle, I want it broadcasted to all and first one to hit accept wins.  I have tried to set to most skilled and everyone has same skill number, but it just kept going to the same agent each time.  

To summarize, I would prefer a broadcast chat which would seem to resolve my issues.  But doesn't look like it is possible...  open to suggestions...

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

I will leave this discussion out here for anyone else looking in the future.  However this is what I learned about my question.

1. If a chat is presented and an agent doesn’t answer within the No Answer Timeout time, it will go back to the queue and be presented to another agent if there’s one logged in and Ready for Chat in that CSQ.
  2. If the No Answer Timeout is as long as the Join Timeout, the chat won’t be presented to another agent because it will hit the Join Timeout limit.

Broadcast is not possible and more than likely will never be possible.  Though understanding the above, I can live without broadcast.  I adjusted and tested and presented to first agent for 60 seconds then moved on.  Happy with that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

I will leave this discussion out here for anyone else looking in the future.  However this is what I learned about my question.

1. If a chat is presented and an agent doesn’t answer within the No Answer Timeout time, it will go back to the queue and be presented to another agent if there’s one logged in and Ready for Chat in that CSQ.
  2. If the No Answer Timeout is as long as the Join Timeout, the chat won’t be presented to another agent because it will hit the Join Timeout limit.

Broadcast is not possible and more than likely will never be possible.  Though understanding the above, I can live without broadcast.  I adjusted and tested and presented to first agent for 60 seconds then moved on.  Happy with that.