Views
Helpful
Replies

Soft Phone & Hard phones APIs

AmrSA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

kindly be noted that I am trying to send get user Dialogs request to UCCE 12.5 , it is getting response body normally incase of Soft phones , but in case of physical phone  the body is  received as empty , is there any difference between hard phone and soft phones in handling this API ? , could you please advise and support

--> API used 

https://finesse1.xyz.com/finesse/api/User/1234/Dialogs

--> sample hard phone response 

Response Code===> 200
 Response body===> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Dialogs/>

7 Replies 7

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

There would be no difference in how the Finesse API responds whether the agent is using a hard or soft phone.

A Dialog is only available if the agent is on a phone call - are you sure when you sent the request a phone call was active for the agent '1234'?

Note - its the agent ID and not the agent extension - which is used in above. Not sure if you queried the correct agent ID?

Regards,

Gerry

Hello Gerry,

Thanks for your feedback , noting that the agent was in active call , and yes I am using the agent id not extension .

Is there any configuration should be updated at finesse side? , as it is very strange I am using same API for Soft and hard phone , and it is working only for Soft phone ,  and for hard phone I can see response code is 200 which means it is OK , but there is no Body 

BR,

Amr 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amr,

As Gerry said, there isn't a difference between using a soft phone or a hard phone.

The sample hard phone response you provided shows that Finesse thinks that there are no active calls. Is this hard phone associated to the agent in CCE? Finesse/CCE does not recognize unmonitored extensions.

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

Many thanks for your feedback , sorry for late reply .

Yes, the agent is registered in cisco database , also The Agent login successfully on hard phone and the status is reflected successfully as well ("Ready ","Not Ready") , but the calls dialog coming empty

BR,

Amr

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So the agent is using IPPA? Basically using the hard phone's services to login, change state, etc? Are you saying that the call dialog is empty on that interface too when the agent is on a call?

Does the agent have multiple lines?

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

thanks to find replies as below        

So the agent is using IPPA? Basically using the hard phone's services to login, change state, etc? Are you saying that the call dialog is

empty on that interface too when the agent is on a call?

No , Agent not using IPPA ,

Agent is using external system to send APIs requests to cisco  , to login , change state , etc 

Yes, call dialog is empty when the agent is on a call

Does the agent have multiple lines?

No , Agent Doesn't have multiple lines .

BR,

Amr 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'd suggest seeing the behavior using the Finesse out of the box UI. If it is the same behavior there where there are no calls when the agent is on a call, then it is a configuration issue. If the UI is working correctly, it is an issue with the implementation of the client sending the APIs.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: