cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sometimes Call Id not getting for Direct Transfer when updating CallVariable Value.

Hi there,

When Agent001 & Agent002 are in talking state. Suppose Agent001 makes direct transfer to Agent003.While making Direct Transfer to Agent003 , I am updating CallVariable4 value at Agent001 who initiates blind transfer.When I am getting proper callId,then update request get successful & CallVAriable4 updated properly at Agent003.

Suppose I am updating CallVariable4 Value at Agent001 & callId is not proper.At that time I am getting following XML notification as:

<Update>

<data>

<apiErrors>

<apiError>

<errorData>13</errorData>

<errorMessage>E_CTI_INVALID_CALL_ID</errorMessage>

<errorType>Generic Error</errorType>

</apiError>

</apiErrors>

</data>

<event>put</event>

<requestId></requestId>

<source>/finesse/api/Dialog/50333219</source>

</Update>

When getting this error message as E_CTI_INVALID_CALL_ID,at this time CallVariable4 is not updating at Agent003.

Thanks in advance,

Komal

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you making the direct transfer request first, then updating the call variables? If so, I would do it in the opposite order. Once the agent is released from the call as a result of the transfer, the agent can no longer access that call and therefore would get an invalid call id error. Because of the error, the actual request of updating the call variable is not successful and that is why the other agent was not able to see the update.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

As you said, yes we are updating UpdateRequest for callVariable4 first then Direct Call Transfer request. We have printed callId & data which we updated in cal variable4 in console logs.We are getting both the callId & updated variable4 .Still getting this error intermediate message: errorMessage>E_CTI_INVALID_CALL_ID.

Even though we are getting callID and update data correctly.

Thanks,

Komal

Hi,

How are you sending the API requests? Is it back to back before waiting for a response from the update call data? You must wait for the update call data to fully process and you receive and updated Dialog notification before you proceed to doing the transfer.

If you are doing what I stated above, take a look at the Finesse webservices logs to see why it is giving you that error.

Thanx,

Denise