cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Special treatment of ANIs

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We're running UCCX 8.5 Enhanced.  We have some special ANIs, that when they call us, we want to increase their queue priority.  For learning/testing, I was able to successfully do this by using an IF statement, and manually defining a special ANI.

But of course we don't want to hard-code the ANIs into the script.  There will be 50-100 of them, and we'd like our help desk to maintain the list.

Suggestions?

I know I could do an XML document local on the UCCX doc repository.  Then they would have to upload/download that document.

I've also heard a text file would be easier, but I'm not sure how to read the text file into an array, or where the text file would live (UCCX doc repository or third party web server)?

THANKS!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You really need a premium license for this one so you can query SQL or get the XML file from an external web server. If you want to ease the process for maintaining the XML file, Excel has a slick spreadsheet-to-XML feature:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg469857%28v=office.14%29.aspx

I wouldn't recommend a flat text file; you would need some fancy Java to parse it the lack of structure would increase the likelyhood of errors.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You really need a premium license for this one so you can query SQL or get the XML file from an external web server. If you want to ease the process for maintaining the XML file, Excel has a slick spreadsheet-to-XML feature:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg469857%28v=office.14%29.aspx

I wouldn't recommend a flat text file; you would need some fancy Java to parse it the lack of structure would increase the likelyhood of errors.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Excellent advice as always, thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: