Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speech input for Menu options

I have a situation where we will have 14 menu options to select from in a script, then after that selection another 12 options to select to route calls to appropriate agents. With so many options I was thinking if the user could just speak there choice which is the state they are calling from. Speech input is something I haven`t looked at before in scripts, any help are direction on speech input?

8 Replies 8

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

Check this menu option configuration in CVPCapture8.JPG

That's not helpful for someone who is on UCCX.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing you need to know is that this is not a feature of UCCX.  You will need to integrate UCCX with a speech recognition server/service.  There are the officially supported ones here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/uccxcompat11_6_2.html#ASR_and_TTS

But I'm sure you could use anyone you wanted to.  I hear the Google Cloud stuff is gaining some traction.

I`ll look at those. Unfortunately to start with I`m going to have to build this with the 16 menu options as they need by Friday but will look at the Google stuff. 

Question on that, I wish I didn`t have to have a CSQ for each option but could route to skills. The options are going to be select say 01 if calling from this state, then 14 menu options to select which you are calling about. So I will have agents for each state, then agents skilled for the 14 different items.

• Menu #3 – Select or input your state from following list
  • State calling from            
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • x
  • Menu #4 – Select or enter item # calling about
  • Item calling about
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • X
  • x
  • Sub Menu for #14
    • Item from select 14
    • X
    • X
    • x

Ok little more clarification, there are going to route to all the agents they just want some visual as to what state is selected and what menu option #4 they are calling about. 

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why don't you just use a Digits element and have them enter the first 2 letters of their state name? Then you can have a simple lookup table. And then present the caller with a small menu like "for new jersey press 1. for new york press 2. for new mexico press 3"

Hum interesting thought. Haven`t done that before but I`ll look into it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: