cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standalone CUIC 11.5 integrated with UCCX 11.5

edguidry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I am trying to determine the best usage for the standalone CUIC versus the standard CUIC.

1. I see that standard CUIC 11.5 has stock reports "Agent All Fields" and "CSQ All Fields".  Using these reports, it seems to me that one could use the standard CUIC to create custom reports.  Standalone CUIC would not be needed in this case.

2. Would Standalone CUIC be useful in creating custom reports that combine fields from the two stock "ALL Fields" reports?    Or is this not practical, in other words, it would not be possible to combine useful information since one is for agents only and the other is for CSQs?

3.   If #2 is useful, with Standalone CUIC, how do I combine fields from both "All Fields" reports?  Do I use Grid Views?  Can Grid Views be made global so that they can be used within a new custom report in Standalone CUIC?

I appreciate any input or guidance.

Thanks,

Eddie

6 Replies 6

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Both options offer a level of customization. The difference is, the standard CUIC deployment provides limited customization capabilities whereas the standalone CUIC deployment allows you to fully customize your report.

The standard CUIC reports are self contained; meaning, you can add/remove/edit the columns within the report but you can't combine this report with another report. If you want to explore this option, you gotta copy (Save As) one of the Stock reports before you start customizing the report. You can't customize the Stock reports and you don't want to.

As I stated before, the standalone CUIC reports are fully customizable. Technically, you can create or combine any reports you want but there's a couple of important notes;

1. Before you go down this road, you should be familiar with UCCX database (db_cra) and understand how to query the database via sql statements. I highly recommend you check out the UCCX Database Schema. CUIC uses something called Stored Procedures (SP) and Filters to query the data, and create reports. If you go down this path, you can harness these SP or create your own via Reporting Definition so you can query whichever table/columns you like to create your report.

2. As you stated (#2)... some of these reports don't have anything to do with one another, so it's going to be very difficult (if not, impossible) to merge some of these reports together. Using the example you provided; Agent All Fields and CSQ All Fields reports... I believe, it would be very difficult to combine these reports together. The question is... how do you JOIN these reports together? They need to have something in common - right? A common value (column) and I believe, they don't. So, I think it would be easier if they were treated as two separate reports. Again... not saying this is impossible but you don't want to compromise the accuracy or integrity of this report.

Good luck!

Mark, thank for your input.   Much appreciated.  I will definitely pursue Stored Procedures.   At the moment, I will try and merge two similar reports but not seeing how to do that.

Have you already deploy a standalone CUIC server?

I only mentioned Stored Procedures (SP) simply because that's how CUIC queries the database, along with filters or collections. If you select and run a Stock Report. Above the report, you will find several icons; Save, Save As, Edit, Print, Filter, SQL, etc. Select SQL to reveal the SQL statement used to query this report. Each Stock Report (SQL statement) should begin with; call sp_<SP_Name> followed by the filters. For example;

{call sp_csq_interval('2018-07-17 04:00:00','2018-07-18 03:59:59','0','0',null)}

Now, if you look at the database schema via CLI;

show uccx dbschema db_cra

file view activelog <output file path and name>

Or, you can look at the UCCX 11.5 Database Schema Guide here.

The SP provides a type of blueprint for your "custom SQL statement" - that's all. Basically, you need to edit this SQL statement to create your own custom report.

Good Luck!

I do have standalone CUIC installed and UCCX datastore connected.

For a report that I run, I do now see the SQL call for it.

When I have created the custom SQL statement for merging reports, how do I create the report to include the SQL statement?

Do I use SQuirreL or similar tool? I see that the SQL statement begins with “sp”. Does this stand for Stored Procedure?

Do I need to export the reports from CCX, bring them up in SQuirreL, modify to match custom SQL statement, save, import into Standalone CUIC, and grant permissions for the HR user? Then export and import the new custom report into Standard CCX. I hope this makes sense.

I really appreciate your guidance.

You develop the custom reports on the standalone CUIC server and then, you export them over to the packaged UCCX/CUIC server for execution. Yes, you can run reports directly from the standalone CUIC server as well but there's a few limitations with this deployment. Here's the doc;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1105/user/guide/cuic_b_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-report/cuic_b_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-report_chapter_01001.html

Ok. Thanks! I will determine how to change the SQL statement in standalone CUJC and go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: