Views
Helpful
Replies

standalone CUIC with AD/LDAP

sameerraval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can the UCCX 11.6 be integrated into AD/LDAP for authentication to log into the application.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

CUIC should be already sync'd to UCCX. UCCX gathers account information from CUCM via AXL. If CUCM is sync'd to AD via LDAP, then you should be able to retrieve and authenticate domain accounts with AD. Did you purchase an CUIC Premium license from Cisco?

With UCCX 11.6 CUIC standalone comes bundled and we do not need premium license anymore.

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Are you talking about agent finesse logins or administration logins to UCCX?

CUIC and UCCX are two different things.

Typically, in most environments, you'll have ldap sync on CUCM and those users will be enabled for UCCX.

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same exact question and I had read the document that Mark (in this thread) provided.  But I had several questions about the standalone and opened a TAC case.  The doc that Mark provided, Cisco does not state that some of the items only applies to UCCE version with standalone CUIC .

Here is the response from TAC on the LDAP  and users for the UCCX version of standalone CUIC.

here is my question (Q4) and his answer (A4):

Q4.  To access the new CUIC standalone - Administrator has to configure it's LDAP connections to authenticate users even though our UCCX does it's LDAP auth through it's connectivity to CUCM)?
A4. Unfortunately CUIC standalone does not sync users with UCCX at this time, nor does it offer a way to sync independently to an external LDAP. They only user synchronization that it performs is to UCCE. I cannot speculate about future functionality, but at this time for standalone CUIC integrated with UCCX all the users on the CUIC server would have to be created manually.

So sadly - the answer is NO .... it is manually creating users.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: