cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast

star and pound in ICM Micro app not accepted

I am Trying to Create Menu using ICM Menu Micro app , M following CVP ICM scripting guide

But i am facing an issue , I have 4 options
Press 1

Press 2

Press *

Press #

option 1 and 2 working fine , but when i am trying to press * star or # pound 

hear ( your entry is invalid )

i tried to do the same but using GD (Get digit ) Micro app , but unfortunately

i does not accept both as well ,

another issue , i need to use custom messages for ( Invalid entry and timeout )

as i can see , its available to can overwrite it , but not shown how i can use it or where to specify files location

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Can you share what you have defined in the 'Configuration param' for that VRU script (Microapp) in the  Network VRU Script List.

It should be something like this: 1-2/#/*,Y

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes you can override default system error prompts with CUSTOM ones.

Here is the trick-

1) When defining the Configuration 'param' on that Microapp - make sure last '2' values are Y,Y. So for a Menu like you, it will be 1-2/#/*,Y,5,3,3,Y,Y (Last 2 Y - No Entry message override to yes, Invalid entry message override to yes)

2) now you need to have '2' custom error wav files - their name should be strictly suffixed with Menu prompt file name. If your Menu prompt is 'Test_Menu' then those 2 wav files need to be as below -

Test_Menu_no_entry_error.wav

Test_Menu_invalid_entry_error.wav

3) Place these '2' files on the CVP media files directory (where your menu prompt file is located)

Note - if these '2' wav files are missing - system will not default to system error prompts (it will be just silence in that case) because you have set it to Override.

try it out - should work.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Can you share what you have defined in the 'Configuration param' for that VRU script (Microapp) in the  Network VRU Script List.

It should be something like this: 1-2/#/*,Y

Highlighted

Hi Piyush

thanks for your assistance image.png

this was my configuration param before and it didn't work
my mistake was that i forgot to add (,) after the accepted numbers , when i added it as you said it working fine as shown

image.png

, thanks a lot

can you help me how i can modify system error prompts ( for timeout and invalid entry ) and use custom messages 

Highlighted

Yes you can override default system error prompts with CUSTOM ones.

Here is the trick-

1) When defining the Configuration 'param' on that Microapp - make sure last '2' values are Y,Y. So for a Menu like you, it will be 1-2/#/*,Y,5,3,3,Y,Y (Last 2 Y - No Entry message override to yes, Invalid entry message override to yes)

2) now you need to have '2' custom error wav files - their name should be strictly suffixed with Menu prompt file name. If your Menu prompt is 'Test_Menu' then those 2 wav files need to be as below -

Test_Menu_no_entry_error.wav

Test_Menu_invalid_entry_error.wav

3) Place these '2' files on the CVP media files directory (where your menu prompt file is located)

Note - if these '2' wav files are missing - system will not default to system error prompts (it will be just silence in that case) because you have set it to Override.

try it out - should work.

Highlighted

Yes Piyush

it working now ,

i found your tip in CVP Configuration Guide as below

image.pngThanks Bro for your assistance :))