cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

star and pound in ICM Micro app not accepted

eslam rizk
Level 4
Level 4

I am Trying to Create Menu using ICM Menu Micro app , M following CVP ICM scripting guide

But i am facing an issue , I have 4 options
Press 1

Press 2

Press *

Press #

option 1 and 2 working fine , but when i am trying to press * star or # pound 

hear ( your entry is invalid )

i tried to do the same but using GD (Get digit ) Micro app , but unfortunately

i does not accept both as well ,

another issue , i need to use custom messages for ( Invalid entry and timeout )

as i can see , its available to can overwrite it , but not shown how i can use it or where to specify files location

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Can you share what you have defined in the 'Configuration param' for that VRU script (Microapp) in the  Network VRU Script List.

It should be something like this: 1-2/#/*,Y

View solution in original post

Yes you can override default system error prompts with CUSTOM ones.

Here is the trick-

1) When defining the Configuration 'param' on that Microapp - make sure last '2' values are Y,Y. So for a Menu like you, it will be 1-2/#/*,Y,5,3,3,Y,Y (Last 2 Y - No Entry message override to yes, Invalid entry message override to yes)

2) now you need to have '2' custom error wav files - their name should be strictly suffixed with Menu prompt file name. If your Menu prompt is 'Test_Menu' then those 2 wav files need to be as below -

Test_Menu_no_entry_error.wav

Test_Menu_invalid_entry_error.wav

3) Place these '2' files on the CVP media files directory (where your menu prompt file is located)

Note - if these '2' wav files are missing - system will not default to system error prompts (it will be just silence in that case) because you have set it to Override.

try it out - should work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Can you share what you have defined in the 'Configuration param' for that VRU script (Microapp) in the  Network VRU Script List.

It should be something like this: 1-2/#/*,Y

Hi Piyush

thanks for your assistance image.png

this was my configuration param before and it didn't work
my mistake was that i forgot to add (,) after the accepted numbers , when i added it as you said it working fine as shown

image.png

, thanks a lot

can you help me how i can modify system error prompts ( for timeout and invalid entry ) and use custom messages 

Yes you can override default system error prompts with CUSTOM ones.

Here is the trick-

1) When defining the Configuration 'param' on that Microapp - make sure last '2' values are Y,Y. So for a Menu like you, it will be 1-2/#/*,Y,5,3,3,Y,Y (Last 2 Y - No Entry message override to yes, Invalid entry message override to yes)

2) now you need to have '2' custom error wav files - their name should be strictly suffixed with Menu prompt file name. If your Menu prompt is 'Test_Menu' then those 2 wav files need to be as below -

Test_Menu_no_entry_error.wav

Test_Menu_invalid_entry_error.wav

3) Place these '2' files on the CVP media files directory (where your menu prompt file is located)

Note - if these '2' wav files are missing - system will not default to system error prompts (it will be just silence in that case) because you have set it to Override.

try it out - should work.

Yes Piyush

it working now ,

i found your tip in CVP Configuration Guide as below

image.pngThanks Bro for your assistance :))

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: