cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Login in Finesse fails

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I have one supervisor that is able to log into the Finesse desktop.

All other get the error "The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid."

I have (or at least i think i have) checked all relevant settings - stare and compare with the supervisor that works and I cant seem to find a difference.

3 Replies 3

Assuming UCCE and maybe UCCX, it sounds like the phone is not configured correctly. Do a stare and compare with the phone, is it part of the PG user?

david

Hi ,

Please check whether those phones are associated to PG Application user .

User Management > Application User, find the PG  username and find more  Phones then associated to particular PG user  then make sure that device  added under controlled devices list.

If your using Extension mobility future in your setup, Please enable in phone configuration Phone > Enable Extension Mobility  &  Allow Control of Device from CTI  , then

find the PG  username and find more  Phones then associated to particular PG user  then make sure that device  added under controlled devices list.

Thanks,

S. Ram

Regards,
Ram.S

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Michael,

For CCE/CCX, the prime reason for this error is the Common Device Configuration on the phone. Check to see if it is associated with a profile that is set for ipv4 only as CCE/CCX supports only ipv4.

We also see this error if the IPCC Extension is shared. Please note that the IPCC Extension should be unique and should not be shared.

You can check the IPCC Extension from the Call Routing -- Route Plan Report to figure out if it is associated to only one device.

Also if the agents are using Extension Mobility (EM) then the EM profile alone should contain the IPCC Extension. And the EM UDP should be associated to the RMUser and not the phone.

Check for special character supported by Finesse for login as well. It does not have the same features as that of CAD for the support of special characters in username and password.

Regards,

Arundeep