cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor monitoring of agents logged in from server-side client (via Finesse RESTful services)

alan.mcdougall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Java application that currently uses the CTI Protocol to integrate to UCCX 8.5 for 3rd party call control.   However, one of the limitations of this is that agents logged in for via CTI Protocol are not available on Cisco Supervisor Desktop to monitor etc.  Another limitation is that there's no support for encrypting the agent username+password passed to UCCX.

We're evaluating upgrading and possibly moving to Finesse API for server-side 3rd party call control, using the RESTful API, but would like to understand any limitations of doing this, compared with functionality available in CAD + CSD.

I've had a look at a couple of pages/documents around this (mainly Cisco Finesse 10.5 Data Sheet - Cisco), but some things aren't stated explicitly.

Is anyone able to confirm the following questions?

1. Are the Finesse API and UCCE/UCCX versions tied to each other?  ie, if we wanted to install Finesse v10.5, would this necessitate upgrading to UCC(E/X) 10.5 as well?   I'm sure it's recommended, but is it mandated for support?
  2. Is there a document that lists which features of Finesse are supported on UCCE versus UCCX?  The link above hints at it, but doesn't go into any details.
  3. I assume there's support for encrypting the data being passed over the Finesse APIs (ie, adding certificates to both the server/client for the RESTful API/Notification service)?
  4. If an agent was logged-in via the server-based client using the REST API only (and not CAD / Finesse Desktop), would all functionality still be available through Cisco Supervisor Desktop?   ie, could a supervisor still monitor and update agent availability etc?    Or does the CSD still rely on the Calabrio API updates to provide this functionality?
  5. Does the Finesse Desktop replicate all supervisor functionality from CSD in the supervisor 'call control gadget'?   The link above states "Provides supervisors added control with barge and intercept".  I assume this includes silent monitoring.  Are there any other features available in CSD which are not supported with the Finesse Desktop?   (and again, does it make a difference if agents are logged-in via Finesse API and supervisors via Finesse Desktop?)

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

Regards,

Alan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

Answer1 - I think the section - New Features for Both Deployments from the release notes will answer the question.

Answer 2 - Please refer the section "New Features for Unified Contact Center Enterprise" and "New Features for Unified Contact Center Express" of  Release Notes for Cisco Finesse Release 10.5(1)

Answer 3 - I think already it was answered - Ability to secure/encrypt messages sent using UCCX CTI Protocol

Answer4 - Cisco Supervisor Desktop for UCCX uses an internal proprietary protocol (a chat server) to receive supervisors team agent state info from Cisco Agents.  It is up to the developer to create their own compatible Supervisor Desktop application to go with their own Agent Desktop application.  The UCCX CTI protocol does not support receiving agent state information by a supervisor for their team.
Reference - Need Help: Supervisor Desktop can't see Agents

Answer5 - Finesse is a next-generation agent and supervisor desktop solution designed to meet the growing needs of agents, supervisors, and the administrators and developers who support them.  Please refer - Selecting the Right Desktop for Your Cisco Unified Contact Center Express: Cisco Finesse or Cisco Agent Desktop

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

Answer1 - I think the section - New Features for Both Deployments from the release notes will answer the question.

Answer 2 - Please refer the section "New Features for Unified Contact Center Enterprise" and "New Features for Unified Contact Center Express" of  Release Notes for Cisco Finesse Release 10.5(1)

Answer 3 - I think already it was answered - Ability to secure/encrypt messages sent using UCCX CTI Protocol

Answer4 - Cisco Supervisor Desktop for UCCX uses an internal proprietary protocol (a chat server) to receive supervisors team agent state info from Cisco Agents.  It is up to the developer to create their own compatible Supervisor Desktop application to go with their own Agent Desktop application.  The UCCX CTI protocol does not support receiving agent state information by a supervisor for their team.
Reference - Need Help: Supervisor Desktop can't see Agents

Answer5 - Finesse is a next-generation agent and supervisor desktop solution designed to meet the growing needs of agents, supervisors, and the administrators and developers who support them.  Please refer - Selecting the Right Desktop for Your Cisco Unified Contact Center Express: Cisco Finesse or Cisco Agent Desktop

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Dear SIr,

Can I create my own UI by using finesse javascript library?

If yes then how?