cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Survey Script Agent Info

garrickhr
Level 1
Level 1

I have an after call survey configured.  The agent has an action button in CAD that blind transfers the call to the survey script trigger.  This is working properly.  Management would like to be able to know which agent the survey refers to.  Is there a way to pass this information on to the survey script?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well.. in earlier versions of CCX (8 or so) the 'sessionid' would be the same for the survey and the original call in the DB. The 'seq num' will increment for the survey call.

That means you can tie them together by comparing those fields, and work out which agent was linked to the original call.

In the 10.5 system I'm looking at now, it's different - the session ID on the survey call is new so you can't do this. I've been thinking about a workaround..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Mark Grace
Level 1
Level 1

You could also use the "Get Call Contact Info" and "Get User" steps between the "Start" and "Delay", "Accept" steps.  Because the call won't have transferred, yet (because the call hasn't yet been accepted), you'll get agent information on the "Get Call Contact Info" and "Get User" steps.

Using the "Get Call Contact Info" step to get the calling number after you accept the call would give you caller information.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well.. in earlier versions of CCX (8 or so) the 'sessionid' would be the same for the survey and the original call in the DB. The 'seq num' will increment for the survey call.

That means you can tie them together by comparing those fields, and work out which agent was linked to the original call.

In the 10.5 system I'm looking at now, it's different - the session ID on the survey call is new so you can't do this. I've been thinking about a workaround..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the help.  It seems like this would be a big issue.  The survey results are not that important If you do not know who they are referencing.  That is unless overall they all point the same way.

Hi

Well - I tested this again on my lab 10.5 last night. On that system it's working as I would want it to... so I would suggest that you do a quick mock up of a survey script, do a post call transfer to it, and then check in the DB whether the session IDs tie up. 

If not maybe shout at Cisco, it could just be a bug on the version I was looking at.

Aaron

Mark Grace
Level 1
Level 1

You could also use the "Get Call Contact Info" and "Get User" steps between the "Start" and "Delay", "Accept" steps.  Because the call won't have transferred, yet (because the call hasn't yet been accepted), you'll get agent information on the "Get Call Contact Info" and "Get User" steps.

Using the "Get Call Contact Info" step to get the calling number after you accept the call would give you caller information.

Hi Mark

That's a great idea. Have you used it reliably in production?

Aaron

Yeah, I have it in production at a couple different customers and it seems to be working just fine.

Hi Mark,

Have you tried this with a blind transfer with a CAD task button? I tried that but it  seems that the get call contact info is getting the caller id of the customer and not the agent's extension. My solution was to use some "get session" and "set session" in the original script to catch the agents id and then in the survey script I use the "get session" and "get session info" to send later the agent's id to the web service that stores the survey.

Gabriel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: