Views
Helpful
Replies

System TTS reading speed - UCCX 8.5

greglowe1329
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a way of slowing down the reading speed of a Float variable when using the the prompt shortcuts: N[FloatVariable].

Can anyone comment if this is possible or if not if this can be achieved through other means?

G

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you are calling TTS is actually just a directory full of pre-recorded words and sounds.

True TTS would be like a Nuance integration with a Premium license.  And I'm positive you can control the speed and pitch with Nuance.  That's can get expensive though.

At any rate, if you are playing back a dollar amount, the best you can do is break up the audio yourself, and play each token with a customizeable delay inbetween.

Here's what I mean:

Play Prompt (N[10] + DP[500] + SP[gen/currency/usd] + DP[500] +sp[gen/currency/and] + DP[500] +N[3] + DP[500] +sp[gen/currency/cents])

Of course it's not just that easy.  You'll just need to script two things:

1. You'll need to script a solution which takes a floating point number (with a floor and ceiling) and converts it to its many parts, separating each part with a delay prompt.

2. Figure out where the system prompts are.  E.g., "Dollars", "and", and "cents" (or if localizing, those localized prompts E.g., "Pounds", "and", "pence")

That's the best I got.  Happy scripting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you are calling TTS is actually just a directory full of pre-recorded words and sounds.

True TTS would be like a Nuance integration with a Premium license.  And I'm positive you can control the speed and pitch with Nuance.  That's can get expensive though.

At any rate, if you are playing back a dollar amount, the best you can do is break up the audio yourself, and play each token with a customizeable delay inbetween.

Here's what I mean:

Play Prompt (N[10] + DP[500] + SP[gen/currency/usd] + DP[500] +sp[gen/currency/and] + DP[500] +N[3] + DP[500] +sp[gen/currency/cents])

Of course it's not just that easy.  You'll just need to script two things:

1. You'll need to script a solution which takes a floating point number (with a floor and ceiling) and converts it to its many parts, separating each part with a delay prompt.

2. Figure out where the system prompts are.  E.g., "Dollars", "and", and "cents" (or if localizing, those localized prompts E.g., "Pounds", "and", "pence")

That's the best I got.  Happy scripting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony, Seems excessive just to slow the reading speed but can only work with what the software can achieve right.

Might put in a feature request and see what happens

Thanks again, I better start scripting..

G

No problem. And you're right. We work with what we have. Good luck.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App