cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tech Refresh for CUIC and Finesse - High level steps?

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

We need to do a tech refresh of UCCE, CUIC and Finesse with each have new hostname and IP's.  I do not see the steps for this type of upgrade outlined for CUIC or Finesse.

Can someone provide just high level steps for upgrading CUIC and Finesse based on below.

1. The new vm's will be built out in parallel of existing production.

2.  CUIC/Finesse will have new hostname and IP's (same domain).

3.  We'd like simplest option, least amount of manual configuration or manual moving of data.

Is it possible to take a DRF backup of exiting CUIC and Finesse, Build out new CUIC/Finessse (that have different hostname/IP's) and then restore the new CUIC/Finesse from the previous CUIC/Finesse DRF backup?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for thorough response.  Very much appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gajanan.pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

About your question

Is it possible to take a DRF backup of exiting CUIC and Finesse, Build out new CUIC/Finessse (that have different hostname/IP's) and then restore the new CUIC/Finesse from the previous CUIC/Finesse DRF backup?

Answer is No. DRF backup restore doesn't work if the hostname or IP is changed. recently I did Finesse upgrade & as the IP had to be changed, there was no other option than rebuilding a fresh VM & manually configuring all the things in Finesse server. I'm not 100% sure if CUIC too has the same challenge, but as I remember it does have same challenge.

In general about Tech Refresh upgrade steps, the upgrade guide has enough info. If anything is not clear, I can take a look at your question.

Hope it helps.

GP.

Thank you for thorough response.  Very much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: