cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telephony Data Synchronization Check Fails - CM Telephony Subsystem in Partial Service - UCCX 10.6

BAMB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, some days ago I had an issue related to my IVR. I was getting a busy tone everytime I wanted to call a trigger. After receiving support from Cisco TAC, we could determined that there was a Call Control Group which wasn't their CTI Ports replicated on the suscriber, so the CM Telephony Subsystem was on Partial Service for this reason. After create the CTI Ports on the Suscriber and disable/enable a trigger which was out of service for this reason, we restarted the CM Telephony Subsystem and everything started working properly.

Now I have a doubt regarding this issue... I hadn't changed the UCCX configuration since a lot of time ago and this Call Control Group was created since months ago, so why could this issue pop up now?. Are not the UCCX and the CUCM constantly synchronizating?. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As I stated earlier CCX will be automatically made aware of when user is assigned/removed IPCC Extension so that the user can be automatically added as resource (agent) in CCX, but that is about the extend of what CCX will be made aware of from CUCM side. CUCM will sync any Trigger (CTI RP), CTI Port re-configuration done on CCX immediately, hence these changes should always be done on CCX side and not CUCM.  If for whatever reason you suspect that there is something out of sync you can initiate manual sync via Subsystems > Cisco Unified CM Telephony > Data Synchronization .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, CCX and CUCM do not constantly sync for the CTI configuration, they sync via AXL for agent resource creation, etc. Any time you need to do anything with telephony subsystem you need to do that manually from CCX side which then sync with CUCM.  You can also run through "data sync" which is an option on CCX side.

Thanks for the answer Chris.

So, the CUCM and the UCCX do not constantly sync but are there some scenarios where these servers could try to resync aumatically by themselves?.I mean, for example, after connection lost?. I'm only trying to understand how the CCX - CUCM sync works and the reason because a wrong configuration could bring issues after being working for months without problems.

Regards.

As I stated earlier CCX will be automatically made aware of when user is assigned/removed IPCC Extension so that the user can be automatically added as resource (agent) in CCX, but that is about the extend of what CCX will be made aware of from CUCM side. CUCM will sync any Trigger (CTI RP), CTI Port re-configuration done on CCX immediately, hence these changes should always be done on CCX side and not CUCM.  If for whatever reason you suspect that there is something out of sync you can initiate manual sync via Subsystems > Cisco Unified CM Telephony > Data Synchronization .

What effect will running this data sync have on active calls?   Will users who are currently logged into Finesse be kicked out of the system?

Thank you.