Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporary IVR Handoff?

Oliver Holton
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Team,

I'm looking for some advice on a script.

We want to setup UCCX IVR that allows a member to reach an agent. Then we want the agent to perform a Temporary IVR Handoff that forwards the call to other IVR application there the member is prompted to enter their Credit card information.

Is it possible to get the caller back to the same Agent which forwarded him to the mentioned IVR?

Thanks

Oliver

3 Replies 3

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

You can probably do that, while agent initiates transfer, you can record Agent extension.

and when customer is done with IVR, you can use the recorded extension to get the user associated to that extension. 

and with user, you can use the select resource step with user based routing for obtained user.

although you probably will not be able to achieve queuing.

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

You mentioned that "you probably will not be able to achieve queuing." im not sure i follow?

Can you explain?

Thanks in advice 

Oliver

in UCCX, i don't think there is any feature for Agent Based queueing.

So lets say, Your agent transfers caller to IVR for authentication.

when caller is done with Authentication, you try route the caller to same agent with select resource step based on target type resource.

but if resource is not available for some reason, the call will go to failed step.

so there is no way to queue for particular agent, you can route to agent if he is available for if not available you just cant queue for the agent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: