Views
Helpful
Replies

terminating lingering subscriptions - error 500

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I'm trying to make my app be a good citizen and clean up after itself. Part of this is that when I connect to XMPP, I get a list of subscriptions, compare with the information I actually need, and try to terminate the subscriptions for all nodes that I no longer need.

When I do the unsubscription immediately after the bind, instead of working out, I get these errors:

<error code="500" type="wait" xmlns="jabber:client">

<internal-server-error xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" />

</error>

Adding a 10 second delay doesn't take care of it either.

If at some point later, I manually trigger the unsubscription, it works just fine. Any ideas what's going on here? If we're properly bound, and the subscription manager returns subscribes nodes, shouldn't I be able to terminate the subscription immediately?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Wireshark to the rescue.. turns out the jid was missing the host part in those non working operations. The type wait just had me going down a whole different path in trying to figure out a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Wireshark to the rescue.. turns out the jid was missing the host part in those non working operations. The type wait just had me going down a whole different path in trying to figure out a solution.