Views
Helpful
Replies

the device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid

Adrián Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, good day.

Recently i was unable to login into finness desktop user account, this user was created recently but i am getting the following error message: the device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid

I am new on this and reading and viewing several videos and docs but cannot find why this error came to me.

user has his phone setup whit his line extension number, mailbox, user created in finness app. Can someone advise me please.

some documentation on how to created new user step by step will be great.

Thanks

MSE Adrian M.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

3 Replies 3

This is for UCCE, your post doesn't specify but the tag says UCCX, but in case it helps.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/117777-config-ucce-00.html

Thanks Bill, this link help me to identify where a was missing add the phone line.

MSE Adrian M.

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

For UCCE, make sure the phone is associated to pguser and of course make sure the phone is also registered.  Since users have been remote with the pandemic I have had instances with softphones where I have had to take the phone out of the pguser group, reboot the device, then add the phone back to pguser and they were able to login.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: