Views
Helpful
Replies

Time comparison in UCCX scripting

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need help in UCCX 8.5 scripting with opening and clsoing hours. I need to check for any incoming call if current system time is between 8 am to 5 pm then call should route to  CSQ otherwise it should route to voice mail.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dinesh,

Here is the sample script that i created that you can refer.

Regards,
Chuck

Please rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

View solution in original post

Hi Dinesh,

Yes one you insert the step Time of day, you will be able to create connections (in my case its 8-5) while creating the connection you will get options to select time from a range and will be able to select AM or PM.

Here is another screenshot of properties my TOD step.

"The Rest" Time Range will be blank as everything other that 8 - am to 5 pm will go to "The Rest"

Regards,
Chuck

Hi Dinesh,

You can use the script and holiday xml file attached to this support forum as i recently worked on it.

Please make sure to change the dates according to you needs in the XML file.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3930967

In you original script you will need to use "call subflow step" this way the call will go to that script check for holiday and return to your original script.

Use output mapping ( its available in the properties of call subflow step) to take the value of variable "todayIsAHoliday" and tore the value in a variable in the original script.

Once that i done use "if step" to in properties todayIsAHoliday==ture

true

go to holiday prompt

false

go to continue with time of day check

Regards,
Chuck

9 Replies 9

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dinesh,

Here is the sample script that i created that you can refer.

Regards,
Chuck

Hi Chakshu,

Ton of thanks for your prompt response.one query i have regarding time check. as i can see in script you compare time 8-5, will it automatically check am and pm or there is option to check and am and pm in time of day pallete.

Hi Dinesh,

Yes one you insert the step Time of day, you will be able to create connections (in my case its 8-5) while creating the connection you will get options to select time from a range and will be able to select AM or PM.

Here is another screenshot of properties my TOD step.

"The Rest" Time Range will be blank as everything other that 8 - am to 5 pm will go to "The Rest"

Regards,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your great help. Now i understand. you made my task so easy.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

Hi Dinesh,

My pleasure, helping wherever i can

Regards,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I need one more help regarding sample script screen shot if you have with you.

I need to implement holiday check in my script with uccx 8.5.

I have gone through some post in support community where they mention to create one xml file with holiday list and then get that xml file data in script with Create XML document and Get XML document and compare with current date.

Regards,

Dinesh

Hi Dinesh,

You can use the script and holiday xml file attached to this support forum as i recently worked on it.

Please make sure to change the dates according to you needs in the XML file.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3930967

In you original script you will need to use "call subflow step" this way the call will go to that script check for holiday and return to your original script.

Use output mapping ( its available in the properties of call subflow step) to take the value of variable "todayIsAHoliday" and tore the value in a variable in the original script.

Once that i done use "if step" to in properties todayIsAHoliday==ture

true

go to holiday prompt

false

go to continue with time of day check

Regards,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks once again for your quick response. Can we use my existing script for holiday check XML document or we have to use seprate script for this and need to use Call subflow step in my existing script to check the value of XML document.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

Hi Dinesh,

You may copy all the steps and create variables in your existing scripts. This will work perfectly.

But most of the customers have it as a subflow.

Regards,
Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: