Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

time limit or expiration in chat session WIM interaction Manager

Hello I´m configuring WIM interaction manager, I need to know if exist any time the limit that session of chat if do not detect activity.

can anyone help me?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Yes there is.

Chat - Automatic sessionn closure interval (seconds).  By default it is set to 14400 seconds (4 hours).

Page 95 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_441/maintenance/cim441adconsole.pdf

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Yes there is.

Chat - Automatic sessionn closure interval (seconds).  By default it is set to 14400 seconds (4 hours).

Page 95 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_441/maintenance/cim441adconsole.pdf

Thanks Andrew, is possible to change this value for example to 15 min?

Best Regards

Yes.  Just change the value to 900.

Login as an administrator and go to Admin Console.

Administration - Departments - (department name) - Settings - Department

From the List Pane, choose "Department Settings Group".

In the Properties Pane, click the Attributes tab.

Scroll down to "Chat - Automatic sessions closure interval (seconds) and set the value to 900, then save it.

Thanks Andrew this   about inactivity is the agent perspective and customer perspective?no matter which side customers, agent has the inactivity?This same value for them correct?

Yes.  But let me make an amendment to this after re-reading your initial post.

There is no timer that I am aware of or have found, that will close a chat after X period of time of inactivity.

The timer that I indicated is the only timer that I have found that will close a chat session.  This timer closes the session after X period of time, regardless of activity or inactivity.  So if you have customers that will be chatting for potentially long periods of time, you will want to set this timer to a high level.

You can also set your entry point so that there has to be agents available in order to start a chat.

There is also somebody from eGain that posts on here sometimes.  They might know of some setting you can configure.

Hello Andrew, I understand , thanks very much for your time.

Best Regards.