cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trace settings for CTI OS login issues...

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I'm looking for clues as to why I can't login to the CTI OS client.  I get the message "Error [12005]Login could not be performed - Possible causes are Invalid Instrument; Media Termination Problem or other CM issue" and have tried everything I've found on Google about the issue without success.  I'm trying to trace what's going on but I'm not sure where and what I need to trace.  Anyone know what I should trace?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the link for enabling trace.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/116165-trouble-ucce-trace-00.html#anc6

I have version 7.0.0.  Neither of those registry keys seem to log anything.  Here's what I have:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.]
"CTIOS Tracing"=dword:00000fff

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems\CTIOS\Logging]
"TraceMask"=dword:00000fff

I used Sysinternals procmon to see if it was writing a log file anywhere besides what's mentioned in your link and didn't see anything.  

Any other ideas?  Is there something I can enable on CUCM or the PG that will help?  At this point I'm not really sure where it's failing (CM or the PG)!

Try  Un-associate/Re-associate the Device from the PG User.

I tried this many times before and just now again.  This doesn't seem to help my situation like it does with other posts I've found.  I've also made sure the settings are correct in device targets and have even completely removed the device resync'ed JTAPI (on UCCX - not sure if this had any chance of helping).  

All the things I've tried from searching aren't working, that's why I'm trying to find out what tracing I can do to troubleshoot.

look for C:\users\<user>\ for CTIOS client log.

if you dont find there, search out with string "ctiosclientlog" in widows, you must find it located somewhere. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: