cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer from UCCX to Unity System Directory Handler

Scott Almand
Level 1
Level 1

So I currently have an Auto Attendant in Unity with an option of a dial by name directory. That option simply directs the caller to the Unity System Directory Handler. The problem I am facing now is we want to move the main Auto Attendant functionality out of Unity and over to UCCX for more flexibility, but I am not sure how to transfer a caller from UCCX into the Unity System Directory Handler for the dial by name option. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

What do you mean by, "we want to move the main Auto Attendant functionality out of Unity and over to UCCX for more flexibility"? You followed this up with, "not sure how to transfer a caller from UCCX into the Unity System Directory Handler".

Just to clarify, you want to integrate both systems; UCCX and Unity Connection? So, callers would be able to access the Unity System Directory Handler through UCCX - right? You're not trying to replace the Unity System Directory Handler with some kind of 3rd party solution?

If you want to integrate both systems, this is pretty easy to do. Simply insert a Call Consult Transfer step into your existing script. Unlike the Place Call step or Call Redirect step, this step contains a parameter called Output Digits. Traditionally, this step is used by the system (or caller) to send Caller Entered Digits (CED) aka DTMF to the Destination. In your case, you can harness this step to send a predefined Output Digit to Unity Connection. Drag and drop the Call Consult Transfer step, open this step and declare the following values;

Call Consult Transfer

Call Contact = (--Triggering Contact--)

Destination = "1234567"   <--- Your voicemail pilot number (string value)

Output Digits = "4"   <--- Enter "4" for the Directory Handler (string value)

Timeout = 10   (default value)

Under the Successful branch, you would insert the GoTo label and End this event. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks Mark. You are correct in that I'm just trying to integrate UCCX with Unity whereby pressing the star key will transfer to the Unity System Directory Handler. I will try your solution as soon as time allows and reply with the results. Thanks!

Hey Mark,

I tried to test this last night and was unsuccessful. I entered the voicemail pilot number but slightly confused on actually what to enter in the output digit field. Your directions say enter "4" for the Directory Handler. Did you mean enter the extension associated with the Directory Handler or literally "4"?

What do you mean by unsuccessful? The Call Consult Transfer step was unsuccessful? Did you run the Reactive 'Debug' Script? Any errors (i.e. prompts, exceptions, etc.)?

Check the following;

1. Login to Unity Connection Admin. Under the Call Management tab, there's a couple of handlers. You already know about the Directory Handler but under the System Call Handlers, you will find the "Opening Greeting" handler. Look at the settings; Edit > Caller Input. Whatever option is pointing to the Directory Handler should be referenced by UCCX as a string value.  

2. Login to CCX Editor and open your script(s). Go to the Call Consult Transfer step. Open this step, now, you can create and reference string variables or you can declare the string value(s) inside this step. It doesn't matter which method you choose. Each method has it's pros and cons. For now, let's keep it simple and declare the string values inside this step. This step should look something like this;

Call Contact: Triggering Contact

Destination: "5551234"

Output Digits: "4"

Timeout: 10

Again, the Destination and Output Digits are string values. That's why they begin and end with quotation marks. My advice is, avoid the use of special characters inside of string values intended for THIS purpose unless you have a method of removing them. But that's a different subject altogether.