cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring UCCX inbound call to an external number

Scott Almand
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys. I have a basic IVR with a menu with two option. 0 goes to operator and 1 is supposed to transfer the caller to an 800 number for our companies benefits provider. The reactive debug works fine when I press 1, it hits success then proceeds to end call. The problem is that the call doesn't actually transfer. The caller just thinks they were hung up on. If I add an internal extension as the transfer point, the call is transferred as expected. Any ideas?

20 Replies 20

Deepak, 

UCCX version is 10.6.1.10000-39.

the call flow is very basic, Calling internally to UCCX trigger and Redirect step that sends the call to the PSTN.

In this scenario I expect the CUCM to use the CTI RP's CSS and not the Calling Device, that's after setting 'Redirect Party'  and None CSS under the CCG and proper CSS under that trigger number.

Tom

Hmm yeah it should work. Are you sure it is a CSS/Partition issues that you are facing there and not something else. How about using a number in the Call Redirect step that exists within CM and not going out to PSTN. Test it through two ways:

1) Assign the required partition which should be accessible using the CTI Route Point CSS provided you are using Redirect Party as Redirect Calling Search Space

2) Do not assign any partition at all whatsoever to the DN and see if it works or not

Regards

Deepak

I am sure it is a CSS issue since the call was established properly but via a different gateway, after changing the phone's CSS to the correct one, it reached the right gateway.

I came here because if I called from PSTN inbound to UCCX, the external redirect would just disconnect. I finally found a config combo that works. Don't ask me why it works, but it does. And I'm not quite sure if you need each and every one of the following configurations, but I'll put it all in here just in case. (I tried many, many configs before this one worked, so I'm guessing most if not all of it is required, at least for our setup anyway.)

("Local_CSS" is the search space we use to allow local calls, which is fine because our external redirect is a local call. If your external redirect is a long distance call, you'll want to change to whichever search space would allow that call.)

Application Trigger:

Calling Search Space for Redirect: set to "Route Point Address Search Space"

Telephony Call Control Group:

DN Calling Search Space: set to "Local_CSS" (or LD_CSS or Int_CSS, whatever allows your call normally)

Redirect Calling Search Space: set to "Redirect Party"

Directory Number (in CUCM) (your Application Trigger Directory Number)

Calling Search Space: set to "Local_CSS"

CTI Route Point (in CUCM) (device for your Application Trigger Directory Number)

Calling Party Transformation CSS: set to "Local_CSS"

Uncheck "Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS"

Directory Number (multiple) (in CUCM) (for each CTI Port in your Telephony Call Control Group)

Call Search Space: set to "Local_CSS"

[After this last change (to each of the CTI Port DNs) is when the external redirect started working, so maybe it was all we needed to do in the first place?]

Scott Almand
Level 1
Level 1

Added our Long Distance Partition to the Calling Search Space and this fixed the problem. Thanks guys.

Tho Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Dear anh Vinh

Since i very new in UCCX, can you explain this in detail how to config it?

May i discuss with you via Whatsapp or Viber?

this is mine: +8490669 552 5

thanks a