Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble updating call variables?

Hi all,

I am trying to update the call variable using Finesse Dialog API, I have tested it with poster and programmatically it sends the request successfully( responds 200 )

but those doesn't show up in the finesse interface, is there any prerequisite needed to update the call variable?

finesse settings for update call variable.png

or I am looking at the wrong place?

variable place.png

I see no variables here updated or I am trying to send in XML

Help !

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

The values of the call variables value is not updated from the Admin screen. Just their assignment and display name.

What are you trying to say, I can not understand.

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Setting the call variable data is only available via an API, for example, UpdateCallData. The interface will not show the variables values, only their names.

Well, I am trying to update the call variables from API, which send request with data properly and I get 202 but still variables doesn't get updated.

Could you send an example of how you are setting, and retrieving the call variable?

Thank you

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

I have the same problem.  Finesse api doesn't update the call variables if you authenticate to the api with an admin user.  You have to use the credentials for the agent involved in the call.

This is a problem for me since I wanted to use this api from a third party system.   I haven't found a workaround.

Well, without using agent credentials how are you suppose to send the API request to FInesse ? It wont authenticate and it wouldnt know the call id, it cant keep track of it if you doesn't provide credentials. And can you elaborate your Third party  service ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: