cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting calls abandoned during IVR before they reach a queue - UCCX 11.6

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer with UCCX 11.6 Premium. One script has six IVR choices which transfer off-net to other organisations (mainly other IVRs so always answered). After each transfer there is a Set Contact Info - Handled step.

If the caller does not selct an IVR option the Timeout Menu branch goes to a Select Resource step for the operator queue.

This seems to work ok but reports show that approximately 1 in 6 calls are abandoned during the IVR process (before the Select Resource step).

This seems high but I am not sure there is actually a problem and I am looking for methods in which I can troubleshoot this issue.

My first thoughts were to examine debug ccsip messages from the CUBE that routes external calls to the IVR to see which side is dropping the call. Unfortunately turning this on cripples the CUBE performance so it is not an option. 

What other troubleshooting methods could help?

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you elaborate on your point about leaving ccsip message debugging turned on, and how that cripples the CUBE? Maybe some details on your CUBE sizing, and the call load it handles for you?

Abandons are not necessarily a problem, it could be that people are just hanging up. I would look at CUCM CAR for reports to the trigger number in UCCX and see which side has the disconnect cause value.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the response - I will look at the CDR records as suggested and update the thread.

The CUBE is a 2921 and typically handles a maximum of 70 concurrent calls. It is fine without debugging but the CPU utilisation jumps massively when the debug is running.

The same customer has another SIP provider with a 4431 ISR with a similar load and that copes with debugs without breaking sweat.

Regards

James

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. 

Also keep in mind that the implid in UCCX is the same as the callid in CUCM, so it makes aligning the two datasets possible. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: