Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Domain controller for CCE setup

Dear All,

We are planning to Install two Domain controller with the same Network. We have a production setup with “tdsc.local” and planning to Install a separate domain controller for Lab setup “lab.local” with the same Network.

Please confirm there is any issue with this approach for PCCE /UCCE setup.

PCCE Production Domain Name : “tdsc.local” 10.10.5.50

Lab Domain Name : “lab.local” 10.10.5.120

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
4 Replies 4

pavelekshin
Level 1
Level 1

Check it:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_0_1/Installation/Guide/ucce_b_1201_staging-guide/ucce_b_staging-guide_chapter_010.html#UCCE_RF_D5BF1832_00

You need a second lab domain for different CCE instance?

I think you need to create a subdomain f.e "lab.tdsc.local", if you wanna to control your lab environments through root domain.

Actually, you configuration also correct if you need two isolated domain. You may to create a trusted relationship between them, but this is not supported if you try to run your lab ICM services from production service account, etc..

Hi Pavelekshin,

I am fine for the isolated domain. And I will activate only AD and DNS roles, not for DHCP on both the domains.

We are configuring Domain IP manually for Production and Lab

Production and lab there is separate credentials and don’t want any relation between them.

Capture.PNG

If I follow this process any impact on my production environment service, servers etc..

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

here is no impact on services on CCE production domain, but as best practices I recommend you to use separate LAN segment for LAB and PROD environment.

Hi Pavelekshin,

I am fine for the isolated domain. And I will activate only AD and DNS roles, not for DHCP on both the domains.

We are configuring Domain IP manually for Production and Lab

Production and lab there is separate credentials and don’t want any relation between them.

Capture.PNG

If I follow this process any impact on my production environment service, servers etc..

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S