Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 10.5 - FAILED TO UPDATE THE DATABASE

Chris7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having a issue in AW-HDS server, the distributor stopped working properly and when try to make settings in configuration manager I get the following message:

FAILED TO UPDATE THE DATABASE CAN NOT CONNECT TO CENTRAL CONTROLLER

The log of the distributor I get this message:

17:07:06:524 dis-uaw Trace: Info: Trace client on pipe 0x318 disconnected..

Last API Error [109]: The pipe has been ended.

17:08:43:734 dis-uaw Trace: New trace client: conicrex(upcc) on pipe 0x374..

17:08:43:750 dis-uaw Trace: New notification client: ccdb on pipe 0x2c4..

17:09:06:976 dis-uaw Trace: [client: conicrex(upcc)] AW operation: WaitNamedPipe, on pipe: \\10.55.32.224\pipe\ICM\ccc\RouterA\DbAgent, failed. .

17:09:10:968 dis-uaw Trace: Info: Trace client on pipe 0x374 disconnected..

Last API Error [109]: The pipe has been ended.

18:22:12:628 dis-cms Trace: [2016/01/12 17:22:12] [ProcessID=3968, ThreadID=2496] DIAG-ERROR (42102) The client CONAPI java codes  build number is greater than ICM build number which may cause some compatibility problem.

I have reviewed all settings and don't know what can be. Does anyone know this problem?

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi. Any changes recently?

Can you turn up tracing (FFFF for TraceMask should do for all aw and dis services), restart the Distributor service, extract and zip up and post the logs to here?

G.

Hello,

We did settings how create agent and queues only...

I have to do this in all key processes within the directory? ex:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Cisco Systems, Inc. \ ICM \ ccc \ Distributor \ EMS \ CurrentVersion \ Library \ Processes \ scm
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Cisco Systems, Inc. \ ICM \ ccc \ Distributor \ EMS \ CurrentVersion \ Library \ Processes \ clgr

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Cisco Systems, Inc. \ ICM \ ccc \ Distributor \ EMS \ CurrentVersion \ Library \ Processes \ ap

etc...

change the dword to FFF??? right?

Chris

Hi, yes, let's start with that. Also, there's I believe an AW tree underneath Cisco\ICM\ccc, can you please turn up EMS traces there as well? Thanks. G.

Hi G

I activated the EMStraceMask, then restarted the AW server and tried using the configuration manager, then the logs were generated attached. You can see them?

Thanks for help,

Chris

Hi, from what you have sent it actually looks alright to me, data is being replicated between the Central Controller and the Distributor.

Could you try running the "Initialize Local Database" tool on the AW?

Also, try to set the Distributor process to "Manual" startup, reboot the server, when it boots up, log in, wait at least 3-5 minutes and then start the Distributor process manually.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: